New RStudio discussion site

Hadley Wickham

Sep 14, 2017, 10:36:05 AM9/14/17
to ggplot2, manipulatr
Hi all,

I wanted to let you all know about <http://community.rstudio.com> - a
new discussion forum for ggplot2, dplyr, tidyr and generally all
things tidyverse (as well as shiny and RStudio IDE). One of the goals
of the site is to provide a central home for all tidyverse
discussions, rather than scattering them over multiple mailing lists.
(And to also provide an environment that's a bit more modern and
pleasant to use than google groups).

Please consider asking your questions there in the future, and if
you're a long time mailing list contributor, please consider answering
questions there too. We have a bunch of prizes to help get the ball
rolling - read the full announcement at
<https://blog.rstudio.com/2017/09/14/rstudio-community/> for details.

Hadley

--
http://hadley.nz

Susanne Oberhauser-Hirschoff

Sep 14, 2017, 3:17:53 PM9/14/17
to Hadley Wickham, ggplot2, manipulatr

hi,

did you consider some mail gateway?

the mailing lists just nicely and conveniently come together with all the other ones in one old fashioned yet well functioning place :-)

thx for your consideration

s.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ggplot2" group.

Crump, Ron

Sep 15, 2017, 4:05:31 AM9/15/17
to Susanne Oberhauser-Hirschoff, ggplot2
Hi Susanne,

> did you consider some mail gateway?
>
> the mailing lists just nicely and conveniently come together with all
> the other ones in one old fashioned yet well functioning place :-)

There seems to be a "Mailing list mode" under the Email settings in your
profile. Within that it looks like you can restrict it by category or
tag, eg I might limit it to the tidyverse category not being an RStudio
user or even the ggplot tag since I'm not (yet) using the full
tidyverse.

I think I'm going to give that a try for a bit.

Ron.

Susanne Oberhauser-Hirschoff

Sep 19, 2017, 3:07:14 AM9/19/17
to Crump, Ron, ggplot2