Tukey HSD test

Abdullah-Al Mamun

May 23, 2016, 7:40:36 AM5/23/16
to ggp...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am struggling to get the letter display for tukey HSD test. I have 25 fish species and I would like to see the selenium level differences among them, after running tukey hsd I obtained sigginificant difference among them and some of them are not. Now I am struggling to get the letter display for them. For 4-5 species/treatment to do it manually but for 25 its really tough. I will appreciate you kind help

Cheers
Mamun

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2015
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.

Tim Richter-Heitmann

May 23, 2016, 9:20:15 AM5/23/16
to ggp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This answer is for obtaining the letters, not for adding them to ggplot
objects.

The package 'multcomp' provides functions for post-hoc tests (incl.
Tukey procedures) and for assigning those letters for pairwise
comparisons as well. You would need to create a model object first, pass
it to function glht() with arguments for multiple comparison procedures,
and then use this output for function cld() to obtain the letters.
See http://www.inside-r.org/packages/cran/multcomp/docs/cld for examples.

Hope this helps, Tim

On 23.05.2016 11:11, Abdullah-Al Mamun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am struggling to get the letter display for tukey HSD test. I have
> 25 fish species and I would like to see the selenium level differences
> among them, after running tukey hsd I obtained sigginificant
> difference among them and some of them are not. Now I am struggling to
> get the letter display for them. For 4-5 species/treatment to do it
> manually but for 25 its really tough. I will appreciate you kind help
>
> Cheers
> Mamun
>
> ---
> Groups "ggplot2" group.
> an email to ggplot2+u...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:ggplot2+u...@googlegroups.com>.

Tim Richter-Heitmann (M.Sc.)
PhD Candidate

International Max-Planck Research School for Marine Microbiology
University of Bremen
Microbial Ecophysiology Group (AG Friedrich)
FB02 - Biologie/Chemie
Leobener Straße (NW2 A2130)
D-28359 Bremen
Tel.: 0049(0)421 218-63062