Upcoming Events (FOUR!) and A Word about Dues

Nicole Kline

Sep 23, 2013, 4:08:42 PM9/23/13
to ggd-phl-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, ladies! Happy fall!

Girl Geek Dinners Philadelphia has tons of stuff planned for the next two months, so I hope you're excited and ready to hang out! First up is a happy hour this Thursday, September 26th, at Buffalo Billiard's. Here's the Meetup page:

The second item is another Craft Night on Thursday, October 3rd! Here's the Meetup page for that:

Note that it's in a new location, and there's no more Google Doc tomfoolery. RSVP today, as space is limited!

The third event is our next dinner! We don't have all of the details ready yet, but we'll have the Meetup page up as soon as everything is in order. So save the date for Thursday, October 24th!

We're also planning to have another Town Hall meeting in November - details for that are also forthcoming. The tentative date right now is Thursday, November 21st. (That's a lot of Thursdays!)

Finally, I wanted to say a word about membership dues on Meetup. We have 468 members, and only 6 people have paid membership dues so far. We really need the money to pay for Meetup (which costs $144 a year - yikes!) as well as to pay for random things that pop up (like, say, we want to have an event somewhere that charges a fee, and we don't have a sponsor). Karissa and I talked it over, and we'd prefer not to charge for events, and would rather everyone just chipped in $5 a year to help out with all of these fees. If we can't get enough to cover the Meetup group, we're going to have to shut it down - which would be a huge bummer! Meetup has been a really convenient way to draw people in and set up events and keep in touch with everyone. If you love Girl Geek Dinners and want us to keep having great events, please consider giving us $5 for dues!

Thanks so much everyone. Looking forward to seeing you over the next few weeks!

-Nicole & Karissa

--
~*~*~*~

Nicole Kline
Senior Editor, Warp Zoned
http://www.warpzoned.com - Jump Into the Next Level
nic...@warpzoned.com
Contributing Writer, Geekadelphia
Contributing Writer and Occasional Podcaster, Perpetual Geek Machine
Co-Founder, Girl Geek Dinners Philadelphia
Co-Organizer, GameLoop Philly
Occasional Podcaster, No Avatars Allowed