Two important messages from Nicole and Karissa

Nicole Kline

Sep 1, 2015, 3:05:23 PM9/1/15
to ggd-phl-...@googlegroups.com, ggd...@googlegroups.com, ggd-phl...@googlegroups.com
Hello, all you wonderful geekas!

Two things: the first is that we're having another dinner on September 16th at 6PM. We'll be sending out more details on that soon, and announcing the event via Meetup.

The second is: I am sad to have to announce this, but I will be stepping down as organizer for the group. I have decided to focus on finishing up my graduate school program, and my work on games has been taking off, which is causing me to re-think what I do with my free time, of which lately I have absolutely none. So, unfortunately, I'm going to need to step down in my capacity as organizer.

Karissa, too, is going to step down. She has taken on a new job and her life is going in a different direction, and she also has done a lot of re-evaluating.

This doesn't mean the group has to stop - but it does mean that someone else needs to take over. Karissa and I have been struggling to have dinners and other events, though that doesn't mean that opportunities haven't been presenting themselves. We have another dinner opportunity that we're in early stages of planning, and we've had an offer for a place to host us for happy hour. But we are not able to stay on top of these communications anymore. Our lives have gotten too busy for us to pay enough attention to Girl Geek Dinners, and we want to put the leadership into the hands of someone - or someones! - to get it back on path.

If you think you'd be interested in taking over, please send us a message! And don't think we'll just disappear - we would be happy to work with you and advise you as you take over. And if dinners are too much, and you'd rather focus on having happy hours and smaller events and not focus on getting sponsors and finding speakers, that's ok, too. We're happy to work with you on whatever your vision is for the future.

Please contact us if you have any questions or if you are interested in stepping up to the plate and taking over. We don't want the group to disappear!

Thank you, for everything,

-Nicole & Karissa

--
~*~*~*~

Nicole Kline
Designer, Cardboard Fortress Games
Senior Editor, Warp Zoned
Contributing Writer, Geekadelphia
Co-Founder, Girl Geek Dinners Philadelphia
Co-Organizer, GameLoop Philly
Doer, All of the Things