gevent 1.1a1 available

Jason Madden

Jun 29, 2015, 11:42:37 AM6/29/15
to gev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is the first alpha release of what will eventually become gevent 1.1. The major highlights of this series are Python 3.3/3.4 support and support for PyPy 2.5.0+. Support for Python 2.5 has been dropped. The complete changelog is below.

This release has been made possible by many contributors, hopefully most of whom are named below (apologies to anyone left out).

Please try it out and report any issues you have (https://github.com/gevent/gevent/issues).

Changes:

- Add support for Python 3.3 and 3.4. Many people have contributed to this effort, including but not limited to Fantix King, hashstat, Elizabeth Myers, jander, Luke Woydziak, and others.
- Add support for PyPy. Based on ``pypycore`` by Ralf Schmitt and Lucas Clemente Vella with patches from hasenj and Armin Rigo.
- Drop support for Python 2.5. Python 2.5 users can continue to use gevent 1.0.x.
- Fix ``gevent.greenlet.joinall`` to not ignore ``count`` when ``raise_error`` is False. PR #512 by Ivan Diao.
- Fix ``subprocess.Popen`` to not ignore the ``bufsize`` argument. Note that this changes the (platform dependent) default, typically from  buffered to unbuffered. PR #542 by Romuald Brunet.
- Upgraded c-ares to 1.10.0. PR #579 by Omer Katz.
- Add a ``count`` argument to ``gevent.greenlet.wait``. PR #482 by wiggin15.
- Add a ``timeout`` argument to ``gevent.queue.JoinableQueue.wait`` which now returns whether all items were waited for or not.
- ``gevent.queue.JoinableQueue`` treats ``items`` passed to ``__init__`` as unfinished tasks, the same as if they were ``put``. Initial PR #554 by DuLLSoN.
- ``gevent.pywsgi`` no longer prints debugging information for the normal conditions of a premature client disconnect. Issue #136, fixed in PR #377 by Paul Collier.
- (Experimental.) Waiting on or getting results from greenlets that raised exceptions now usually raises the original traceback. This should assist things like Sentry to track the original problem. PRs #450 and #528 by Rodolfo and Eddi Linder. (tracebacks are pickled to avoid reference cycles.)
- Upgrade to libev 4.20. PR #590 by Peter Renström.
- Fix ``gevent.baseserver.BaseServer`` to be printable when its ``handle`` function is an instancemethod of itself. PR #501 by Joe Jevnik.
- Make the ``acquire`` method of ``gevent.lock.DummySemaphore`` always return True, supporting its use-case as an "infinite" or unbounded semaphore providing no exclusing, and allowing the idiom ``if  sem.acquire(): ...``. PR #544 by Mouad Benchchaoui.
- Patch ``subprocess`` by default in ``gevent.monkey.patch_all``. See #446.
- ``gevent.pool.Group.imap`` and ``imap_unordered`` now accept multiple iterables like ``itertools.imap``. Issue #565 reported by Thomas Steinacher.

Cheers,
Jason

Catstyle Lee

Jun 29, 2015, 11:48:13 AM6/29/15
to gev...@googlegroups.com
nice shot

On 6/29/15, Jason Madden <ja...@nextthought.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the first *alpha* release of what will eventually become gevent
> --

BR,
/Catstyle_Lee

Denis Bilenko

Jun 29, 2015, 3:50:59 PM6/29/15
to gev...@googlegroups.com
Tremendous work! Thanks to Jason and all the contributors!

Jan-Philip Gehrcke

Jun 29, 2015, 7:55:39 PM6/29/15
to gev...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jason, for taking initiative. Great work!

On 29.06.2015 17:42, Jason Madden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the first *alpha* release of what will eventually become gevent

Jeffrey Gelens

Jun 30, 2015, 4:24:18 AM6/30/15
to gev...@googlegroups.com
Wow. Thanks for the great work.

Jet Zheung

Jun 30, 2015, 5:25:23 PM6/30/15
to gev...@googlegroups.com
Wait for the support of python 3.x so long, great job.

在 2015年6月29日星期一 UTC+8下午11:42:37,Jason Madden写道:

André Cruz

Jun 30, 2015, 5:25:23 PM6/30/15
to gev...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I can now consider Python 3 for my projects.

André