paster entry point yields unresponsive application

Marco Martinez

Oct 12, 2013, 2:54:26 PM10/12/13
to gevent-...@googlegroups.com
I'm using socket.io in one of my views for my web application.

The issue I'm having is if I navigate away from the view that is using the socket.io client connection to another view in my application that does not use socket.io my application becomes unresponsive (clicking on anything doesn't do anything).

This seems to only happen if I use the paster entry point from the latest version for gevent-socketio on github.

I tried using the server.py in the pyramid examples and the issue does not occur when I do this. Unfortunately this makes it cumbersome for development because I lose "--reload" functionality.

Am I missing something?

Marco Martinez

Nov 13, 2013, 1:09:52 PM11/13/13
to gevent-...@googlegroups.com

I've uploaded a sample application to github in order to demonstrate the issue:

https://github.com/m-martinez/iotest

I also posted a corresponding question to stack overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/q/19961057/148781