SocketIO client 1.0 support

Jasper Timmer

Jun 1, 2014, 2:02:34 PM6/1/14
to gevent-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

How's the support coming for Socket.IO 1.0? And what client library version should I use with 0.3.6? I'm assuming 1.0 is not supported since django throws an exception at me:

Exception while handling socketio connection
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "d:\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\socketio\sdjango.py", line 66, in socketio
    socketio_manage(request.environ, SOCKETIO_NS, request)
  File "d:\Anaconda\lib\site-packages\socketio\__init__.py", line 67, in socketio_manage
    socket = environ['socketio']
KeyError: 'socketio'

But this might also be because I'm mixing code from different blogs? In that case sorry for messing things up.

Thanks.

Arnon Marcus

Jan 5, 2015, 10:20:06 AM1/5/15
to gevent-...@googlegroups.com
+1 (!)
Is this project even still active??

I am using a C# socket.io-client library and having some problems, such that I can't even use namespaces properly.
The library is no longer maintained, so I would like to move to a newer one, but it uses the new 1.x protocol...
I'd really like to have a gevent-socketio version that supports the new protocol, so I can use the latest client-libraries.

Are there plans to make this happen?

Alexandre Bourget

Jan 6, 2015, 3:55:54 PM1/6/15
to gevent-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I don't have time to upgrade that.. I've moved most of my stuff to Go and will not have the free time to make the gevent-socketio 1.0 happen.. If someone wants to take the lead, let's go!

Alexandre