Benchmarking, Clustering, Scaling

Faisal

Mar 28, 2014, 6:13:12 AM3/28/14
to gevent-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

    I am a django guy and i am working in a start-up company. Now  i need to develop a chat like mobile application. I started research on ejabberd. but i found out that its not practical to customize ejabberd for our need. and i happened to know about gevent-socketio. I don't know is it a feasible solution. anyway, i have many doubts on it, listing below:

1)   What are the advantages of gevent-socketio over node.js socketio implementation?
2)   How i can benchmark gevent-socketio to check how much concurrent connections can handle by a single node?..any tools available?
3)   Is there any clustering problem if we use socketio?...just saw many problems reported when we use more than 1 worker in gunicorn server..
4)   what are the overheads of  scaling gevent-socketio applications?

I just tested some of the examples given in gevent-socketio source code. i liked it.
any answers or comments for the post are appreciated.