Issues with Chapter 14 examples

Dayse Rivera

Oct 28, 2014, 10:03:16 PM10/28/14
to getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I'm trying to run the ch14-bankapp-simple-security, but I'm getting the error shown in the log file attached.
Can anybody help me, please?

log.txt

Ashish Sarin

Oct 29, 2014, 12:06:52 AM10/29/14
to Dayse Rivera, getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dayse,

Thanks for pointing out this issue.
This is happening because of classpath issues: Spring Security 3.2 attempts to work with Spring Framework 3.2.6 (and not with Spring 4.0.0). I have attached the POM file that will ensure that the classpath related issues don't arise. Please use the attached pom.xml and rebuild your project.

I'll add the modified pom.xml file to the source code repository.

thanks
ashish sarin

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 7:33 AM, Dayse Rivera <dayse...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi! I'm trying to run the ch14-bankapp-simple-security, but I'm getting the error shown in the log file attached.
Can anybody help me, please?

pom.xml

Ashish Sarin

Oct 29, 2014, 4:03:36 AM10/29/14
to Dayse Rivera, getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com
I've modified the pom.xml file of ch14-bankapp-db-security and ch14-bankapp-simple-security projects to resolve classpath issues that occur when using Spring Security 3.2.0 with Spring Framework 4.0.0.

You can now get the latest source code from here: https://code.google.com/p/getting-started-with-spring-framework-2edition/

thanks
ashish sarin

Dayse Rivera

Oct 29, 2014, 10:36:45 PM10/29/14
to Ashish Sarin, getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com
I've tried to ru again, I enter with login and password, but the login page is shown again. The list page is never showed, there's no stacktrace. Strange.

Ashish Sarin

Oct 30, 2014, 1:40:59 AM10/30/14
to Dayse Rivera, getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com
Can you please take the code again from here: https://code.google.com/p/getting-started-with-spring-framework-2edition/

I took the code once again, used cust1/cust1 as username/password, and can see the list page.

regards
ashish sarin