Issues with Chapter 10 examples

Levy Lazarre

Oct 22, 2014, 11:06:18 AM10/22/14
to getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com
The examples for Spring MVC in Chapter 10 do not run properly and give an HTTP error 404 with Tomcat. There are mapping problems. Please review and advise.

For example,

type Status report

message /ch10-annotation-helloworld/saySomething/sayhello

description The requested resource is not available.

and

WARN org.springframework.web.servlet.PageNotFound - No mapping found for HTTP request with URI [/ch10-bankapp/fixedDeposit/list] in DispatcherServlet with name 'bankapp'

Ashish Sarin

Oct 24, 2014, 2:30:39 AM10/24/14
to Levy Lazarre, getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The correct URL is : http://localhost:8080/ch10-annotation-helloworld/helloworld/saySomething/sayhello (notice the helloworld in the URL path).

The DispatcherServlet is mapped to /helloworld/* URL-patter (refer web.xml file); therefore, you need to include it in the URL.

regards
ashish

Levy Lazarre

Nov 4, 2014, 10:29:55 PM11/4/14
to getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com, llaza...@gmail.com
Sorry, I tried your suggestion and I am still getting the HTTP Status 404.     Eclipse returns:

WARN org.springframework.web.servlet.PageNotFound - No mapping found for HTTP request with URI [/ch10-annotation-helloworld/helloworld/saySomething/sayhello] in DispatcherServlet with name 'hello'

I am running the code just as I downloaded it from the web site. Please try to run it and see what you get. An errata needs to be posted when the issue is resolved.

Thank you,
Levy
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to getting-started-with-spring-framework+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Levy Lazarre

Nov 5, 2014, 8:04:14 PM11/5/14
to getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com, llaza...@gmail.com
Sorry, I cleaned and rebuilt the project, and now it's working fine, using the new URL you gave me. Thanks.

Ashish Sarin

Nov 5, 2014, 9:23:53 PM11/5/14
to Levy Lazarre, getting-started-wi...@googlegroups.com

That's great !!