use glimpse with swagger-ui

Gilad wein

Feb 10, 2015, 5:20:31 AM2/10/15
to getglim...@googlegroups.com
I know glimpse is not supporting web api yet,
but i installed Swashbuckle  which i think uses mvc.

if glimpse could be used over the swagger-ui it would be great.

any ideas if this could work?

Anthony van der Hoorn

Feb 10, 2015, 10:03:08 AM2/10/15
to getglim...@googlegroups.com
Not sure but it could be worth giving it a go. As a side note though, even with WebAPI apps, you can go to the `Glimpse.axd` page and launch the glimpse client from one of the buttons on the right there. It will open Glimpse to the last request that occurred and from there you can use the history tab to track whats happening.

Gilad wein

Feb 11, 2015, 4:08:06 AM2/11/15
to getglim...@googlegroups.com
thanks,
i tried it, but history tab does not log my api requests.
is there anything i need to config for that to happen?

Yoshifumi Kawai

Feb 18, 2015, 5:38:53 AM2/18/15
to getglim...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I was also hit the same problem.
I made Glimpse plugins for own webapi framework(built on OWIN). https://github.com/neuecc/LightNode#glimpse-plugin
Glimpse handles EndRequest on PostReleaseRequestState but hosting on Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb is not called.
My solution is creating EnableGlimpseMiddleware which invoke IGlimpseRuntime.EndRquest after owin pipeline finished.
It's dirty hack but works.

By the way, showing data is oldest data in history.
I think it should show latest data.
It maybe comes from PopupRedirectResource's GetTop(1), it calls queue's first.
And default bufferSize(25) is too small, I want to change can be customizable buffer size.

2015年2月11日水曜日 18時08分06秒 UTC+9 Gilad wein:

Anthony van der Hoorn

Feb 18, 2015, 12:42:02 PM2/18/15
to getglim...@googlegroups.com
@Yoshifumi Wow how great work! I would definitely be definitely be open to a PR that allows you to change the default buffer size and change the ordering of the requests. The first shouldn't be that difficult but the later would probably require some client side changes as well.

@Yoshifumi @Gilad In terms of WebAPI, we do have a PR that was started which gave full support for WebAPI - https://github.com/Glimpse/Glimpse/pull/749. We are still interested in this coming in, but need someone to finish off the work. Any interested in finishing it up (I don't think there is that much more to do except test and getting it ready) and contributing it in?

Hope this helps.

neuecc / Yoshifumi Kawai

Feb 19, 2015, 11:55:05 AM2/19/15
to getglim...@googlegroups.com
Thank you @avanderhoorn.

I'm using Glimpse for ASP.NET MVC and LightNode(handmade Web API framework built on OWIN)

I'm really love Glimpse, very useful!

Anthony van der Hoorn

Feb 19, 2015, 2:28:04 PM2/19/15
to getglim...@googlegroups.com