delicious crawl revisited

Dan Brickley

Dec 17, 2010, 2:20:26 AM12/17/10
to get-t...@googlegroups.com
So there was a thread here a couple years back on crawling delicious,
the social bookmarking / tagging site.

http://groups.google.com/group/get-theinfo/browse_thread/thread/dee9d1b09b582a71?pli=1

It seems very likely Delicious is being shut down by Yahoo.
http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/16/is-yahoo-shutting-down-del-icio-us/
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=delicious+shutting+down

So I guess everyone now starts running for the lifeboats and saving
their own bookmark data individually, but it's also the loss of a very
interesting aggregate dataset. So if anyone has the resources to crawl
it, perhaps now is the time, before the data scatters in 1000
directions.

Mixing my metaphors but you know what I mean,

cheers,

Dan

ps. I've found I do more social link sharing in twitter; I only post
things to delicious for my own use. Would love an integrated overview
but that's another story.