[conference] Submit your speaker proposal to FOSS4G-NA in Raleigh this May

Sarah Cordivano

Jan 25, 2016, 4:15:33 PM1/25/16
to geotrellis-user
Hi GeoTrellis-ites,

I’m writing to encourage you to consider a proposal submission to the Free and Open Source for GeoSpatial North America Conference in Raleigh, NC this May.

Rob Emanuele and I are very proud to be involved in the organization of this conference. Rob will be serving as Program Chair again this year and I will be serving as the Committee Chair. You can meet the rest of the organizing team here. If you’ve never been to a FOSS4G conference, they are a fun and informative gathering of the smart and dedicated people that make up the FOSS4G community.  Everyone is welcome!

This is truly a hands-on, collaborative conference and we want to invite you to share your knowledge and talent by submitting a proposal for the conference! We’d like to extend a special invitation to traditionally underrepresented groups in open source geospatial to submit a proposal. We are looking to build a great program that reflects all of the brilliant people and work that make up our community, but that can only happen if you submit your proposals! The success of the conference is directly dependent on the quality and diversity of the submissions, so please help us make FOSS4G NA 2016 the best possible conference it can be.

In the Call For Proposals, we have laid out our topics of interest, but if you have something great to talk about that doesn’t fit to that mold, please still submit!  Conference presenters receive free registration and we also have a scholarship program.

The deadline for proposals is February 8th.  Hope to see you in Raleigh!

Sarah
@mapadelphia