Error setting up geotrellis-transit

George Wright

Apr 12, 2015, 12:57:15 AM4/12/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I apologize in advance for what will likely be a newbie question--I am brand new to scala and sbt.  I have successfully installed and run geotrellis, but I've run into an error trying to run geotrellis-transit.  I forked from github, and I attempted to run from sbt within the folder as-is.  Here's the error I'm getting:

[error] (*:update) sbt.ResolveException: unresolved dependency: com.eed3si9n#sbt-assembly;0.8.3: not found

Given that this error occurs "out of the box" is this a version compatibility issue? I'm using sbt version 13.8 and scala 2.11.6.

Has anyone else gotten this?

Thank you!

George Wright

Apr 12, 2015, 1:04:02 AM4/12/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Should add that I'm on Java 8.

George Wright

Apr 12, 2015, 10:32:12 AM4/12/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Problem fixed.  Causes were
  • I was using sbt installed via homebrew which apparently has had issues with sbt-assembly
  • JDK 8 is not compatible with sbt 0.12.0

Rob Emanuele

Apr 14, 2015, 11:28:33 AM4/14/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Hi George,

Good to know you worked through those issues. geotrellis-transit hasn't gotten updated in a little bit, so if you make any changes we'd be happy to look at a PR!

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Emanuele, Tech Lead, GeoTrellis

Azavea |  340 N 12th St, Ste 402, Philadelphia, PA
rema...@azavea.com  | T 215.701.7692  | F 215.925.2663
Web azavea.com  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs  | Twitter @azavea