Novice

nak

Jul 8, 2015, 6:38:14 AM7/8/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
All, I'm a 100% novice... I managed to install Hadoop on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Accumulo is running (webinterface works), Spark is installed, scala can be started, zookeeper service started. Then I used git to clone geotrellis. cd geotrellis ; And then? I'm stuck. I've never used sbt, and I see some lines on sbt on https://github.com/geotrellis/geotrellis , I tried ./sbt assembly which runs fine, but when I start Scala and enter:

scala> import geotrellis._
<console>:7: error: not found: value geotrellis
       import geotrellis._

I guess I'm missing something out somewhere...

Nak

Rob Emanuele

Jul 8, 2015, 1:01:16 PM7/8/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kris,

When you start Scala from the console, it doesn't have access to any of the code that lives in class files or JARs unless you specifically tell it where it is.

SBT has a way to start up a console that has all the project code on the classpath, so you can start doing things like the import statement. Try this

>./sbt
(starts sbt console)
> project raster
> console
(starts console with GeoTrellis on the classpath)

import geotrellis.raster._
import geotrellis.vector._

[should be no errors]

Cheers,
Rob

Rob Emanuele, Tech Lead, GeoTrellis

Azavea |  340 N 12th St, Ste 402, Philadelphia, PA
rema...@azavea.com  | T 215.701.7692  | F 215.925.2663
Web azavea.com  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs  | Twitter @azavea

Robert Cheetham

Jul 8, 2015, 6:12:47 PM7/8/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Nak,

Robert

Kris Nackaerts

Jul 9, 2015, 2:41:24 AM7/9/15
to geotrel...@googlegroups.com
Great, works like charm. Ready to explore!

Thank's

Kris