GRIB files

Avinash Chinchwadkar

May 25, 2017, 10:05:59 AM5/25/17
to geotrellis-user
How do we process GRIB files using Geotrellis?  Anyone has experience with this and can provide some inputs will be very helpful.

Eugene Cheipesh

Jun 1, 2017, 5:28:35 PM6/1/17
to geotrellis-user
There isn't a native way to read GRIB files. The suboptimal solution would be to convert them to GeoTiffs which we can read in easily.

The real way would be to use the geotrellis-gdal project: https://github.com/geotrellis/geotrellis-gdal
It is not part of https://github.com/locationtech/geotrellis because it has fallen behind when we cut 1.0 release of GeoTrellis.
Although there is a pending PR that brings it up to 1.0 compatability.