Clarifications of the is_carouselfallbackmode parameter in report.new

Joshwa Fugett

Oct 15, 2014, 4:03:00 PM10/15/14
to georan...@googlegroups.com
I was just wondering if I could get clarification on the is_carouselfallbackmode I'm guessing that it is referencing the carousel for local businesses on the top of google searches but I'm not sure of it's exact affect.

Thanks,
Josh

Renan Gomes

Oct 16, 2014, 8:34:44 PM10/16/14
to georan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joshwa,

Yes, you are right. On ranktracker reports we search the URL of the report inside the Organic and on Maps pack.
If is_carouselfallbackmode is true, we will search the URL/brand inside the Google Carousel too.
This affects only very specific reports types and normally it makes no difference. BUT if you want do rank tracking inside the carousel, you need set this as true.

Renan Gomes.