postal code-city mismatch

ek

Sep 13, 2012, 7:18:32 AM9/13/12
to geon...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

we found today, that there is a mismatch between postal codes and its cities (in Switzerland).

A search for CH-6423 shows a city of name "Ingenbohl". This is wrong. "Ingenbohl" belongs to "Brunnen" and has the postal code 6440. The postal code 6423 belongs to the city "Seewen"

6440 = Brunnen (commune "Ingenbohl")
6423 = Seewen (Schwyz)

Examples:
  shows "ingenbohl", should be "Seewen"

  shows "Ingenbohl", which might be ok since it belongs to Brunnen, but Brunnen should also show up

Also, it seems that the city "Brunnen" cannot be found using the "postalCodeSearch" Webservice.

shows only "Brunnenthal"
shows only "Brunnenthal" and "Brunnadern". But "Brunnen" is missing. If I go the the web site and do a search for Brunnen:
it shows up though.

Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks for any guidance on this.

Kind regards