problem with openlayers update to 2.13.1

luca marletta

Jul 8, 2014, 8:07:39 AM7/8/14
to geoext-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I update openlayers in a working Heron app to version 2.13.1
and immediately start an error

Creating Heron App from layout = panel Heron.js:148
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'maxExtent' of null

it seems related to this method in OL

/**
     * Method: shouldDraw
     * Return whether or not the tile should actually be (re-)drawn. The only
     * case where we *wouldn't* want to draw the tile is if the tile is outside
     * its layer's maxExtent
     *
     * Returns:
     * {Boolean} Whether or not the tile should actually be drawn.
     */
    shouldDraw: function() {
        var withinMaxExtent = false,
            maxExtent = this.layer.maxExtent;
        if (maxExtent) {
            var map = this.layer.map;
            var worldBounds = map.baseLayer.wrapDateLine && map.getMaxExtent();
            if (this.bounds.intersectsBounds(maxExtent, {inclusive: false, worldBounds: worldBounds})) {
                withinMaxExtent = true;
            }
        }

        return withinMaxExtent || this.layer.displayOutsideMaxExtent;
    },

but I normally set maxExtent and in previous OL worked well so what's changed and how fix?

I need to understand because this problem comes out also after close print panel even with old OL version

could anyone help?

thanks a lot

luca

Just van den Broecke

Jul 8, 2014, 8:17:03 AM7/8/14
to geoext-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luca,

Upgrade from OL 2.12 to 2.13 is not trivial. I have planned an extra
issue for that, also since many OL 2.13 functions are in
override-openlayers.js.

We need funding for this as the following tasks need to be performed:

- revise all examples to include 2.13
- revise override-openlayers.js function by function
- retesting all examples and apps
- fixing bugs
- keeping Heron forward compatible with OL 2.12 e.g. in
override-openlayers.js

So I will at least open the issue. My cautious estimate is, that it will
take one or more days of development and testing. best,

Just

On 08-07-14 14:07, luca marletta wrote:
> Hi all,
> I update openlayers in a working Heron app to version 2.13.1
> and immediately start an error
>
> Creating Heron App from layout = panel Heron.js:148
> <http://sit.beopen.it/js/heron/Heron.js>Uncaught TypeError: Cannot
> --
> --
>
> ---
> Groups "Heron Mapping Client Development" group.
> an email to geoext-viewer-d...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:geoext-viewer-d...@googlegroups.com>.

luca marletta

Jul 8, 2014, 8:39:12 AM7/8/14
to geoext-vi...@googlegroups.com, jus...@gmail.com
Thanks for info and replay Just.
I'll consider other options for now.
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/geoext-viewer-devel?hl=en
>
> ---
> Groups "Heron Mapping Client Development" group.

Davor Racic

Jul 9, 2014, 8:25:01 AM7/9/14
to geoext-vi...@googlegroups.com
I use OL 2.13.1 in may Heron app, but I only had problems with IE tile rendering. You should try to build from OL master:

Christian Wygoda

Aug 7, 2014, 8:14:38 AM8/7/14
to geoext-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Just and everybody else,

we had the same exception when upgrading Mapbender3 to OL2.13.1. Turned out we had to pass and explicit tileManager: null with the options for the OpenLayers.Layer.Map constructor. Maybe this will be of help if you haven't solved this one yet. Seems to be a problem with singleTiled WMS layers for us.

Cheers,
  Christian