geobi with pentaho 3.5 and geoserver 2.0.1

nick

Feb 24, 2010, 1:48:29 PM2/24/10
to geobi
Hi!
First of all, congratulations for your work, this framework looks
amazing ;) .

However i haven't tested its potentiality yet.
I'm trying to make the geobi-sample works with this configuration:
pentaho 3.5 stable
geoserver 2.0.1
postgres 8.3
postgis 1.3

I have set up the framework so i can see the map but no data is
visualized on the map.
So i dig into the problem following this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/geobi/browse_thread/thread/da08549d2b422fcb/2bb2d1a4bfc06a54?lnk=gst&q=A+JSONObject+text+must+begin+with+%27{%27+at+character+1#2bb2d1a4bfc06a54

And i saw that i can't get the GeoJSON for capoluoghi from GeoServer.

this is what i've done on GeoServer:
define a new store for geobi-samples
define a new layer over geobi-sample store for capoluoghi.

I saw that i can define the SRS on the configuration panel for the
layer capoluoghi,(no features editor in 2.0.1??) but no SRS is given
in the db data (srs = -1) so Native SRS is not recognized and i
suppose this is the problem why i can't get the GeoJSON for
capoluoghi.
Anybody has experienced this problem?
Do i have to modify the db data?

Tnx for reading,
any help will be greatly appreciated

Fabio D'Ovidio

Feb 25, 2010, 3:49:23 AM2/25/10
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

nick ha scritto:

> Hi!
> First of all, congratulations for your work, this framework looks
> amazing ;) .

thank you very much. We developed a very nice engine also for SpagoBI
platform [1, 2] and I suggest you to try it because now SpagoBI uses
GeoReport engine (SpagoBIGeoReportEngine) as an internal engine and so
you only must to configure it and it is not necessary to install the
whole environment (mapfish, libraries, etc...) like in PentahoBI!

[1]
http://www.geobi.org/2009/12/georeport-has-been-released-as-internal.html
[2] http://www.geobi.org/2010/02/spagobigeoreportengine-on-slideshare.html

> And i saw that i can't get the GeoJSON for capoluoghi from GeoServer.
>
> this is what i've done on GeoServer:
> define a new store for geobi-samples
> define a new layer over geobi-sample store for capoluoghi.
>
> I saw that i can define the SRS on the configuration panel for the
> layer capoluoghi,(no features editor in 2.0.1??) but no SRS is given
> in the db data (srs = -1) so Native SRS is not recognized and i
> suppose this is the problem why i can't get the GeoJSON for
> capoluoghi.

Try to send an OGC WFS GetFeature request on capoluoghi with
outputformat = geojson and look what happen. If the response is empty
there is some problem.
In order to understand what is the matter, please install and use
mozilla firefox and activate firebug.

Let me know.
Anyway you can also try to:

1. force SRS in GeoServer for capoluoghi as 4326 (WGS 84)
2. try another version of geoserver (e.g. 1.7.x)

Thank you.

--
*Ing. Fabio D'Ovidio*
/Location Intelligence Unit Manager/

Mail
f.do...@inovaos.it <mailto:f.do...@inovaos.it>
GMail
fabiod...@gmail.com <mailto:fabiod...@gmail.com>
Skype
dovidio_fa <skype:dovidio_fa?add>
Web
www.inovaos.it <http://www.inovaos.it/>
Blog
www.geobi.org <http://www.opengeobi.org/>

Inova Spa <http://www.inovaos.it/>
* *
*INOVA S.P.A.*

viale Casiraghi, 359
20099 Sesto S.Giovanni (MI)
via A. Nobel, 281
81031 Aversa (CE)
Tel. (Naples): +39 081 197 57 600
Tel. (Milan): +39 02 241 34 41
Fax. +39 081 020 25 75

Nicola Zandonà

Feb 25, 2010, 5:30:16 AM2/25/10
to ge...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.

thank you very much. We developed a very nice engine also for SpagoBI platform [1, 2] and I suggest you to try it because now SpagoBI uses GeoReport engine (SpagoBIGeoReportEngine) as an internal engine and so you only must to configure it and it is not necessary to install the whole environment (mapfish, libraries, etc...) like in PentahoBI!

I have never tried SpagoBI but i think it will be the next one after pentaho, and for sure i'll try the engine. ;)

Try to send an OGC WFS GetFeature request on capoluoghi with outputformat = geojson and look what happen. If the response is empty there is some problem.

Finally i can get the features by GeoJson objects:

{"type":"FeatureCollection","features":[{"type":"Feature","id":"capoluoghi.11","geometry":{"type":"Point","coordinates":[13.5189484682892,43.6168304753232]},"geometry_name":"the_geom","properties":{"nome":"ANCONA","gid":11}} and so on..

So the geoserver seems to respond correctly.

I've installed firebug and i've tried to run the dashboard example  looking at the pentaho logs too and it came up with an error:

catalina.out :
org.json.JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 1

firebug says:
pentaho-solutions/system/pentaho-cdf/js/jquery.contextmenu.r2.js (No such file or directory)

this is the entire message:

Here you can find two images of firebug after the execution of the dashboard.

Thanks again for your help!

Nicola.

Fabio D'Ovidio

Feb 25, 2010, 5:50:38 AM2/25/10
to ge...@googlegroups.com

Nicola Zandonà ha scritto:

I've installed firebug and i've tried to run the dashboard example  looking at the pentaho logs too and it came up with an error:

catalina.out :
org.json.JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 1

firebug says:
pentaho-solutions/system/pentaho-cdf/js/jquery.contextmenu.r2.js (No such file or directory)

this is the entire message:

Here you can find two images of firebug after the execution of the dashboard.
What is the version of GeoReport tha you are using?

you must use the installation notes and sources for pentaho 3.x

http://code.google.com/p/geobi/source/browse/#svn/trunk/updates/georeport-cdf/pentaho3

--
Ing. Fabio D'Ovidio
Location Intelligence Unit Manager

Mail
f.do...@inovaos.it
GMail
fabiod...@gmail.com
Skype
dovidio_fa
Web
www.inovaos.it
Blog
www.geobi.org

Inova Spa
INOVA S.P.A.

Nicola Zandonà

Feb 25, 2010, 6:30:29 AM2/25/10
to ge...@googlegroups.com
What is the version of GeoReport tha you are using?

you must use the installation notes and sources for pentaho 3.x

http://code.google.com/p/geobi/source/browse/#svn/trunk/updates/georeport-cdf/pentaho3

Yes, I've followed those notes, and I have pentaho 3.5 stable.
Before Georeport  i tried pentaho cdf-de which overwrites the system/pentaho-cdf directory,
I think that is the reason why my Georeport installation doesn't work.
I'll try with a fresh installation.

Thanks again for your support.