Short-term consultancy on drought - based in UN ESCAP Bangkok

Syed T Ahmed

Mar 13, 2017, 5:35:27 AM3/13/17
to Kelly Anne Hayden
Dear Colleagues and friends

We have advertised a short-term consultancy (with possibility of extension) to help ESCAP with a study on drought in the ASEAN region. Deadline is 24 March 2017.

The consultant is expected to work here at our Bangkok office and may support the Regional Drought Mechanism after this contract has finished. For this reason we're looking for someone who can write well (technical and policy) and who has a background/knowledge in remote sensing and GIS particularly in the areas of agriculture and environment..

Please encourage any candidates you know to apply and help us to disseminate through your networks. You can drop me a quick email also for any questions.

Best regards
Syed

Mr. Syed T. AHMED
Space Applications Section (SAS)
Information & Communications Technology and Disaster Risk Reduction Division (IDD)
ESCAP logo
Room 815A, United Nations Building, Ratchadamneon Nok Avenue, Bangkok 10200, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2 288 1809 | VSAT via UNHQ: 80 61 1809 | VSAT via UN DPKO: 85 1212 1809
Fax: +66 (0) 2 288 3012 | Email: syed.t...@un.org | Web: www.unescap.org

----- Forwarded by Syed T Ahmed/BKK/UNO on 13/03/2017 03:50 PM -----

From:        Kelly Anne Hayden/BKK/UNO
To:        Syed T Ahmed/BKK/UNO@ESCAP
Date:        13/03/2017 03:32 PM
Subject:        Short term consultancy on drought

Dear Colleagues,

We have a short term consultancy (with the possibility of extension) so please pass it onto anyone you might think is suitable. Money isn't fabulous but certainly enough to get by in Bangkok.  More importantly, it will be good experience. We're really looking for someone with some earth observation and/or GIS experience, though it won't be a huge part of the work initially. The work relates to drought management in ASEAN countries, specifically Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Viet Nam.
Any interested candidates should apply through the following usual online portal: https://inspira.un.org/psc/UNCAREERS/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/UN_CUSTOMIZATIONS.UN_JOB_DETAIL.GBL?Page=UN_JOB_DETAIL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=75981

Best regards,

Kelly Hayden
Space Applications Section
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)

Ph: +662 288 1544
Fax: +662 288 1059
Internet:
www.unescap.org