MOOCs, IKM and an apartment

Sarah Wade-Apicella (Hutman)

Nov 18, 2015, 5:26:40 AM11/18/15
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hello GWGers,

After 8.5 years, I'll be departing the beloved UNISDR Craig Duncan-led IMU/PreventionWeb team to join UNISDR's Global Education and Training Institute (GETI) in Songdo, Incheon, South Korea.

I've got a few things to share and one request for help ...

In Incheon we'll be further enhancing our private sector, local and national gov disaster risk management training modules may potentially ready them as MOOCs and/or online. We are interested in getting our heads around typical platform options, resource requirements and time to development - have you got any good platforms, experience or sample bids to share?

If you're working on information and knowledge management for sustainable development, disaster risk reduction (DRR) and/or climate change adaptation (CCA) related areas, you may be interested to jump into the last days of an extended online discussion on what's next for IKM for DRR and CCA - share your experience on how IKM actions can (or cannot) support synergy and action: http://groups.preventionweb.net/scripts/wa-PREVENTIONWEB.exe?A0=DRRIM-L

And now the request for HELP: if you know someone looking for a great furnished apartment in Geneva, I'll be subletting mine and would appreciate you sharing our ad or my contact details: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-DupE7gpRMIOXBxbTdTWGVWZlE/view?usp=sharing

If anyone is in Incheon or Seoul, please let me know.

Cheers!
Sarah

--
Sarah Wade-Apicella (formerly Hutman)
swade...@gmail.com

Fantastic fully furnished Dec 1st.pdf

Luigi Principi

Nov 18, 2015, 7:25:53 AM11/18/15
to Sarah Wade-Apicella (Hutman), geneva-w...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sarah,

For MOOCs, it could be a good idea to explore collaborating directly with the biggest players, like Coursera (Stanford) and/or EDx (Harvard-MIT), instead of deploying and managing your own platform.

Kind regards,
Luigi

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---