Anyone have these skills or interests and would like to share and collaborate?

Fraser Hore

Apr 13, 2016, 4:01:44 AM4/13/16
to Geneva Web Group
I've been experimenting with a particular development stack and I'm wondering if there is anyone in the Geneva area with skills and/or interest in some of the technologies who would like to share ideas and possibly collaborate. The stack is:

Back end MVC Framework: Sails.js
Back end server: Node.js
Graph Database: Neo4j

This stack enables you to write most of your code in Javascript. Using web components enables you to build your UX/UI from a rapidly growing library of web standard custom elements, along with your own custom elements. Sails.js offers a loosely coupled set of middleware features like automatic routes to models and controllers, choice of server-side templating languages like Jade, connectors to wide range of databases and a SQL/noSQL data mapper that allows you to treat multiple databases as a single persistence layer. Node.js allows you to tap into the massive and rapidly growing marketplace of Node modules (e.g. Sails.js is a Node module). Graph databases enable you to build a really intuitive and highly connected information architecture, and then write super fast queries that return deep insights from the relationships in your content. For example, Neo4j was used to analyse the Panama Papers and unravel the web of connections that people are using to hide their money. Neo4j is written in Java but you can interact with it through javascript.

So, if you have any skill or interest in any of these technologies, would like to share ideas and would potentially like to collaborate, please let me know.

Cheers,

Fraser

Hugo Jacquet

Apr 13, 2016, 4:11:49 AM4/13/16
to Fraser Hore, Geneva Web Group
Hi Fraser,

Actually I am very interested by those different technologies and studying them by my own. I am experimenting mainly the so-called MEAN stack with MongoDB, Express, Angular and Node. But I really think that web technologies based on Javascript are not just a trend but the near future.
I am actually looking forward to work in a practical project and move from the UN back to the private sector in that purpose, even if in the private sector, there is only a freshly new interest for that kind of technologies.

Don't know if that makes sense to you and what is the purpose of your search. But if you want to exchange on that feel free to contact me directly.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Hugo

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---