WebApps and other subject PhotoLibrary

Federico Galati

Sep 3, 2015, 11:02:47 AM9/3/15
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com

 Dear colleagues, may I ask your help/advice

1- what kind of webapps (native or not) your organization is using or has developed?
2- do you have and what do you use as your main photo Library (Flickr, Picasa, other proprietary app...)?
Thanks a lot. Very best -Fede

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments are intended for specific individuals or entities, and may be confidential, proprietary or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, delete this message and do not disclose,  distribute or copy it to any third party or otherwise use this message. The content of this message does not necessarily reflect the official position of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) unless specifically stated. Electronic messages are not secure or error free and may contain viruses or may be delayed, and the sender is not liable for any of these occurrences.
  Please do not print this e-mail unless absolutely necessary - SAVE PAPER

Hugo Jacquet

Sep 4, 2015, 3:49:41 AM9/4/15
to Federico Galati, geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Dear Federico,

In UNISDR we are mainly using Flickr to share our photos (https://www.flickr.com/photos/isdr).

Best regards.
Hugo

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---

Annegret

Sep 4, 2015, 11:10:26 AM9/4/15
to Geneva Web Group
We've built our own photo library using ResourceSpace (an open source tool). Once it's correctly configured and you've learned your ways with it, it's a great tool both for storing and sharing photos.

Olivier Borgognon

Sep 5, 2015, 1:39:05 AM9/5/15
to Federico Galati, geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Dear Federico,

I would recommend Lightrocket, Yvan Cohen as a contact person. Excellent piece of proprietary app, works for photo, video. Used by UNAIDS, I took the lead on managing the details, setting up guidelines and discussing them with my manager at the time, and providing UNAIDS with a strong base of images. It was the initial version in 2011, working closely with Yvan Cohen, it has strongly improved since then and the application, added to a good Photo Editor, makes a very strong combination for long term use.

Best,

Olivier

Olivier Borgognon
T:      +41 78 920 20 34

Kanti Kumar

Sep 15, 2015, 4:58:12 AM9/15/15
to Federico Galati, geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Dear Federico,

1. At WHO/Europe, we have just built two native apps. The first is an app for our annual governing body (taking place next week), offering easy access to documentation and practical information for the participants. This is available on both Apple and Google stores. More details on our website: http://www.euro.who.int/rc-app. The second app is for making European health statistics available on mobile devices, both iOS and Android. This app will be launched on Monday, 14 Sept when our flagship European Health Report 2015, which is based on the health data in the app, will be launched at the meeting. I can share the link to that app once it goes live. (The first app was built in-house and the second one was outsourced.)

2. We have used Flickr and other tools for photo library, but finally built our own custom library using Asset Bank (https://www.assetbank.co.uk). It's a very flexible and comprehensive solution for hosting multimedia assets. So far we have used it for internal use only, but we are just about to launch our public photo library based on this tool. You can preview it here: http://multimedia.euro.who.int/assetbank-who/action/viewHome, but the look and content of the public library will change substantially by the end of this week, in preparation for our meeting next week. Check it out!

We have a photo library available on WHO global site too: https://extranet.who.int/photolibrary/guest_eng.htm. I don't recall exactly which software was used for it. My HQ colleagues can provide the details.

Best wishes.

Kanti (from WHO/Europe in Copenhagen)

--
The Geneva Web Group is a Community of Practice for Internet professionals. Informal meetings are held in Geneva, Switzerland 3-4 times per year.
---

--------------------------
Kanti Kumar

Kanti.me

Kanti Kumar

Sep 20, 2015, 4:03:09 AM9/20/15
to Federico Galati, geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

As I had mentioned, our European health stats app went live last week. You can check it out here: http://www.euro.who.int/en/data-and-evidence/the-european-health-statistics-app, where you will also find the links for downloading from the app stores.

We are collecting feedback on this app to refine it for its next version, so we'll be pleased to receive your honest comments. Please send me at k...@euro.who.int

Many thanks.

Kanti