Forthcoming presentation by James Robertson, renowned Intranet expert - looking for a meeting room!

Alex Faundez

Feb 4, 2015, 3:54:35 AM2/4/15
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi fellow GWGers!

I'm trying to organize the next presentation and we could take the opportunity of James Robertson's trip to Europe in March to have him join us for an afternoon (Wednesday 4 March).

To make this happen, we need your help:
- does anyone have a meeting room for about 30 people we could use for the event? If yes, please either reply to this message or send me a message to faunde...@gmail.com
- can you confirm whether you are interested in attending the presentation (we will ask for a small contribution - 20/30CHF depending on the number of attendants -, which will cover the presenter's trip from London)? Use the Doodle link: http://doodle.com/v49k4hitq6kvddz4

Topic: Intranets for knowledge management

Knowledge management, in all its forms, is crucial for organisations. Increasingly, modern intranets are playing a central role in KM, both
as a face to behind-the-scenes work, and as knowledge repositories in
their own right.

This talk will share many real-world examples that demonstrate how
intranets can add value to KM. Packed with screenshots, you will walk
away with many new ideas, ranging from small improvements to major
intranet initiatives.

The session will be presented by James Robertson, author of the three
best-selling intranet books: "Essential intranets", "Designing
intranets" and "What every intranet team should know". James is the Managing Director of Step Two Designs, based in Australia.
More about James: http://www.steptwo.com.au/about/staff/jamesr/

Alex Faundez

Feb 12, 2015, 4:31:17 AM2/12/15
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com
Dear members,

Three  good news:
- James Robertson has confirmed his presentation on Intranet for knowledge management. It will take place on Wednesday 4 March, from 14.00 to 17.30.
- Our friends at IATA have kindly agreed to host the event (thank you Corinne Perriraz). The venue is: IATA Geneva Conference Center, Route de l'Aéroport 33,1215 Geneva.
That's the building behind airport train station and the runway. Best reached by train or bus, sorry, no parking available.
(You can park at the airport or at Arena/Palexpo, it's kind of expensive, but at walking distance from IATA building).
- The IATA meeting room is bigger than the usual ones, which means we can have more people attending the presentation.

So far, we only have 12 participants who have registered through the Doodle list ( http://doodle.com/v49k4hitq6kvddz4). Feel free to share the info with people who might be interested in attending.

Fee: For this event, we are asking for 30CHF to cover the presenter's travel expenses from and to Paris. If there is something left, it will be used to cover for coffee and snacks, as usual.

Thank you all and spread the word!

Looking forward to seeing you at the presentation