Humanitarian ID Authentication service available (ReliefWeb goes live)

Andrej Verity

Nov 10, 2015, 8:44:22 AM11/10/15
to geneva-w...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

The team here at UN-OCHA wanted to share an important update on the Humanitarian ID (http://humanitarian.id) project: we are now live with our Authentication service. We had been quietly piloting on HumanitarianResponse.info, but today we just launched our integration with ReliefWeb. See the blog post for more: http://about.humanitarian.id/log-into-reliefweb/

Launched 20 years ago, ReliefWeb is the world's largest humanitarian information repository. HID has been featured on ReliefWeb’s Labs section since our beta version. Now, in discussions between the ReliefWeb and HID teams, we decided that the service is mature enough to be extended to ReliefWeb’s log-in functionality. More details about the ReliefWeb integration are on our blog post

If you are building a humanitarian-focused tool, will you be the next one to announce HID integration? Several others including ActivityInfo, Humanitarian Data Exchange, Inter-Agency Standing Committee, Shelter Cluster, and UN Jobs are all currently investigating technical integration. Developer guidance: http://about.humanitarian.id/resources/

Inline image 1

If you are interested in the contact list portion of the HID project, the most recent (and biggest) release included Collaborative Contact lists. Gone are the days with only one person managing contact lists on their computer. We have brought humanitarian contact lists into the collaboration age.

Cheers,

Andrej