Why the explosion in child-snatching is big business, When fostering excites venture capitalists paying £130 million for a bit of it

Sandman

Jun 8, 2014, 9:07:31 AM6/8/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com
Most people have no idea what a big business fostering has become. When one such firm, National
Fostering Agency, representing 175 local authorities has been sold for £130 million, the firm was set
up by t6wo ex social workers, the same type of people who take the children in the first place, is it
right that a private company can make big money, from what is a social need.

ewill

Jun 8, 2014, 9:41:11 AM6/8/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com
Those who choose to foster kids make big bucks too, even grandparents fostering their own grandchildren

Many fosterers do it as a career choice it's so financially viable, HMRC has produced a lot of info  relating to the tax positions and CGT positions of fosterers and their property

Affa

Jun 8, 2014, 9:59:58 AM6/8/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com

Expect a return to the work house, and Privately run Dr Barnardo type children's hostels .......... Money is a more powerful motivator than the heart.

Sandman

Jun 8, 2014, 11:50:46 AM6/8/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com
I used to go to the Barnardo's in Barkinside Affa, the children were all in groups in houses,
they had a house mother, who looked after them well, like a big family, some homes treat
the kids as a number, and that is not good.

Sandman

Jun 8, 2014, 11:58:23 AM6/8/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com
I know a couple of people who do it because they love kids Elaine, one of my best mates
sadly now gone was a wonderful foster parent, I've never looked into the financial side of
it, how does a foster carers home come into the HMRC domain.

ewill

Jun 8, 2014, 1:57:28 PM6/8/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com
Look it up yourself - you've posted on this topic before

The last time you posted about some foster carer bemoaning their fostering handouts (and you stated that she deserved fortunes for her socially vital willingness to invite the offspring of others into her home and that she received pennies )  it turned out to be a grandmother who had fostered her own grandchildren and was already making a very pretty penny out of them.

I, and others, gave details of the huge amounts that fosterers get and that  fostering is  a business (HMRC treats it as a self employed business where profits are taxable )) and that there were all sorts of foster tax reliefs given to fosterers (who can still claim tax credits because fostering is a paid job) and special tax treatment was given to extending/renovating their properties

ewill

Jun 8, 2014, 2:06:50 PM6/8/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com
<<I've never looked into the financial side of
it,

Never?

Your memory is failing you again - you posted this in 2012

Sandman
11/12/2012
Other recipients:
Individuals like her do get your back up Elaine, she was in a civilpartnership, he left, now she has to deal with it the best she can, and by the look of her kids she's making a pretty good job of it, chase the father of the kids and make him towards
Individuals like her do get your back up Elaine, she was in a civil
partnership, he left, now she has to deal with it the best she can,
and by the look of her kids she's making a pretty good job of it,
chase the father of the kids and make him towards their up keep.
How would you deal with a situation like this, take the kids into
care, make her get a job and leave the kids for another to look
after, till she gets back home. If she fostered two children, she
would be recieving much more, she could take a fostering course
and take in a couple of more kids, if she did that with the full training
course, she would be getting about £1,000 a week.

·         LA Fostering Allowance 2012:

·         Outside London

·         Ages

·         0-4: £131.47 5-10: £149.76 11-15: £186.43 16+: £226.74

·         In London

·         Ages

·         0-4: £154.30 5-10: £175.90 11-15: £219.05 16+: £266.01

 On top of that comes all sorts of extras, for how qualified you are

after training plus all the other benefits.

Income Support

  • Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Benefit
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Working Tax Credits
  • Shall we start on foster carers next, they are recieving far too
  • much money, aren't they. And we must cut the deficit. Bring back
  • the work house, you know it makes sense.

On Tuesday, 11 December 2012 17:43:19 UTC, ewill wrote:
<<what she gets is too little.>>

What she gets is at least 75%  too much ,

She's never worked , she has no intention of working because life on
benefits is far too easy for these types of scroungers

<<She said: ‘I didn’t want to miss out on my kids’ childhoods or have
someone else raise them. I’m not one of those girls who gets pregnant
for the benefits.’>>

Pull the other leg , it's got bells on

On 11 Dec, 17:27, Sandman <joere...@aol.com> wrote:
> Over 40% of the total is for rent and council tax, and I would think
> that she has to pay towards the council tax cost, she gets £176 a
> week for her and the two kids, which she manages to save out of,
> about £40 a week, how much is being claimed back off the father,
> if none, why not, based on government figures on how much it
> costs to bring up a child, what she gets is too little. WE all heard
> Osborne's snide remark, aimed at turning one against the other,
> when he said, working people pass houses where the occupants
> are still in bed, paving the way for more cuts for those at the bottom.
>

> On Tuesday, 11 December 2012 09:40:04 UTC, Trueblue wrote:
>
> >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246104/Unemployed-single-mot...- Hide quoted text -

ewill

Jun 8, 2014, 2:32:58 PM6/8/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com

v6jtrichardpr

Jun 8, 2014, 5:05:32 PM6/8/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com

Sandman

Jun 9, 2014, 4:58:48 AM6/9/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com
Once again you twist the core of the thread Elaine, I asked why a company can be sold for such
a large sum, when it is dealing with the lives of children, and a social need, when I asked about
the financial side, it was directed at your post of HMRC  and their tax treatment of fosterers and
treating them as a profit making business, my previous post was on payments, nothing to do with
the tax liabilities, or capital gains, which is the reason for asking about that financial side.

ewill

Jun 9, 2014, 9:33:33 AM6/9/14
to general-politics-n...@googlegroups.com
Fostering is expensive ,no more so than when the public sector runs it and will not rehome children with people of different colours/ages/nationalities/sizes or whatever - preferring to keep looked after children in state approved housing - there are huge costs involved both in arranging fostering and in paying large payments to foster carers to run their businesses .
Whether it is private business running fostering/adoption or advertising and arranging fostering/adoption at the customer service desk in Sainsbury's is irrelevant. What IS important is that the children are rehomed by those who can and want to look after them en famille rather than as a financially lucrative business proposition as it is at present.

Love should be given freely-those who just 'love and want to help children' should be doing it for free - not for what they can get out of it

You had the tax treatment of fostering explained to you previously on other threads as I showed.

Why ask again for exactly the same information?

If you have memory problems go to see your doctor