Parliament passes motion to increase penalties for poaching

Mel Mbugua

May 23, 2013, 2:06:07 AM5/23/13
to geeks-in...@googlegroups.com
I received this attached document today. Some progress being made?

--
Mel Mbugua

www.ihub.co.ke  | Phone:  +254 708 11 40 93  | Skype: melissa.mbugua
Twitter: @iHub  |  Twitter: @melmbugua
Kenya wildlife crime penalties.doc

Juliana Rotich

May 23, 2013, 2:18:15 AM5/23/13
to Mel Mbugua, geeks-in...@googlegroups.com
This is very good news! thank you for sharing :)

Rhoda Omenya

May 23, 2013, 3:03:48 AM5/23/13
to Juliana Rotich, Mel Mbugua, geeks-in...@googlegroups.com
Yup!

Heard it on the radio! Maybe this could be the first story we tell . . . Mel. . .
--

Rhoda Omenya

iHub Research - Driving local tech research in East Africa

Discovery, Knowledge, Sharing
328.png

Evans Campbell

May 24, 2013, 2:35:06 AM5/24/13
to Rhoda Omenya, Juliana Rotich, Mel Mbugua, geeks-in...@googlegroups.com
Woop.

Kind regards,

Evans Campbell.

---

Phone:+254-722-277-200
Skype: evans.mbora.campbell

Alt. E-mail: evans.c...@hotmail.com

Blog: http://evanscampbell.wordpress.com/

"Genius is eternal patience." - Michelangelo

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind." - Dr. Seuss

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings." - Eric Hoffer

"Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that." - Norman Vincent Peale
328.png
330.gif

Rhoda Omenya

May 27, 2013, 9:53:18 AM5/27/13
to Evans Campbell, Juliana Rotich, Mel Mbugua, geeks-in...@googlegroups.com
http://www.unep.org/wed/about/ - World Environment Day approaches in T-9 days. . .

Any ideas on what we could do?
328.png
330.gif

Juliana Rotich

Jun 3, 2013, 6:37:21 AM6/3/13
to Rhoda Omenya, Evans Campbell, Mel Mbugua, geeks-in...@googlegroups.com
Would love to know any recycling stations/companies like the ones at Prestige 'EnviroSolar'
Or clean up the Electrash campaign? The city is still dirty from the March politics...
Cheers,
J,
328.png
330.gif

Rhoda Omenya

Jun 4, 2013, 8:12:50 AM6/4/13
to Juliana Rotich, Evans Campbell, Mel Mbugua, geeks-in...@googlegroups.com
I got two http://www.weeecentre.com/ and Kitengela Glass that recycles well . . . glass. . .

Hope this helps.
328.png
330.gif

Juliana Rotich

Jan 14, 2014, 3:53:38 AM1/14/14
to Rhoda Omenya, Esther Ondigo, Evans Campbell, Mel Mbugua, geeks-in...@googlegroups.com
Happy New year all!
There is an event on 31st that some of you might be interested in, let me know and I can try to get you an invitation... please include est...@ushahidi.com in your reply.

More info below
As we move into 2014 with renewed efforts toward combatting illegal wildlife trafficking in Africa, PREPARED and AWF would like to invite you to the first in the series of roundtables titled “Incentive-based Anti-Poaching/Anti-Trafficking Crowdsourcing”/”Innovative Private Sector Engagement for Sustainable Conservation”- a discussion on the contributions of sustainable and innovative private sector solutions towards conservation efforts across Africa with a particular focus on illegal wildlife trafficking.

“Incentive-based Anti-Poaching/Anti-Trafficking Crowdsourcing”/”Innovative Private Sector Engagement for Sustainable Conservation”- a discussion on the contributions of sustainable and innovative private sector solutions towards conservation efforts across Africa with a particular focus on illegal wildlife trafficking.

Representatives from your organization are invited to this key event, scheduled to take place at the AWF Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya on Thursday, January 30 (9:00 – 16:30) and Friday, January 31, 2014 (9:00 – 13:00).  An agenda for the event and briefing note will be sent to you shortly.

My best,
J.

Too brief? Here's why! emailcharter.org
328.png