Google Summer of Code - Applications Open!

Mercy Orangi

Mar 18, 2016, 8:56:58 AM3/18/16
to gdg-kenyatt...@googlegroups.com, GDG Nairobi, gdg...@googlegroups.com, the-section, Anthony Nandaa, James Ndiga, Dorcas Adhiambo, John Paul, Natacha Ishema, Peter Njoroge Nyambura, James Odede, Vivian Akinyi

We are very pleased to announce that the 12th Google Summer of Code is now open for student applications. This online program is especially designed for university students interested in open source software development. Students gain real world experience coding for an open source project during their summer break from university while earning a stipend when successfully completing their project. Accepted students are paired with a mentor to help introduce them to the open source community and to guide them with their project.

2016 Google Summer of Code Program

  • Website: g.co/gsoc

  • Student application window: March 14 - March 25, 2016 19:00 UTC

  • Categories of projects include: Cloud, Operating Systems, Graphics, Operating Systems, Programming Languages, Robotics, Science and Medicine, Security and many more.

We hope to bring more new student developers into the program this year and would appreciate your help to spread the word to local students.

Thanks in advance for your help. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

See attached flyer in case you'd like to send it to your contacts.

Thanks!

Best,

Mercy.
Mercy ORANGI