iHub Craftmanship

Kenneth Kinyanjui

Sep 30, 2015, 8:30:22 PM9/30/15
Hi GDGers,

I hope you are well. iHub Consulting would like to invite you and your community to the craftsmanship trainings. On October 8th, 2015, iHub Consulting is launching the first of its Craftsmanship Trainings.

The Craftsmanship Trainings are a series of developer-centric trainings that are aimed towards raising the quality of the software craft in Kenya. These trainings were conceptualised by the iHub Consultants when it became clear that the quality of code can be improved.

Our first session is on tools on October 8th, 2015 at the iHub. The training will run from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM. Why? Because tools are the foundation of any great software development process. You need to know the right tool for the job and when/how to use it. We will cover things like:

Why use tools?

When and how do we use these tools?

Categories of tools:

  1. Machine environment [general and programming language specific, command line]

  2. Frameworks & Plugins/package[why, where and when to use them eg. Laravel, Django, Angular, React, Social login, Oauth, Database drivers, Models, Data retention]

  3. Concepts [MEAN stack, stateless servers, CDNS, SPAs, REST APIs]

  4. IDES

  5. Task automation & Web/working flow tools [scaffolding, live-reload, linting, server instance, package management, testing, sub versioning]

  6. Teamwork Tools [eg. vagrant, github, gist, pastie.org, source-tree]

  7. Server Deployment [appfog, digitalocean, heroku, app-engine, amazon]

Join us on October 8th, 2015 at the iHub. The training will run from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM. Charges will be KES 1000.

Please sign up here if you are interested. You can find out more about this training here

Kind Regards

Kenneth KINYANJUI
CTO and Co-Founder INFINITY SPACE  France WeshopUp
GDG Country Mentor Kenya
Google Developer Expert , Cloud Platfrom
Website : kennethkinyanjui.info
G+ |Google plus Twitter |@kenju254 Skype| "kenmbugua"