Fwd: Applications now open for the 2015 Google UX Masterclass Series

Dominic Imbuga

Mar 28, 2015, 2:27:34 AM3/28/15
to gdgna...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <nor...@google.com>
Date: Mar 27, 2015 1:11 PM
Subject: Applications now open for the 2015 Google UX Masterclass Series
To: <imb...@gmail.com>

UX Masterclass Banner

Hi Dominic Imbuga,

You are recieving this email because last year you indicated interest in being informed about UX initiatives by Google in Sub Saharan Africa.

We are  excited to be reaching out to you about the upcoming 2015 Sub Saharan Africa UX Masterclass we are hosting in Nairobi (April 27th and 28th) , Cape Town (May 5th and 6th)  and Lagos (May 1st and 2nd) .

At Google, We believe that an Internet made up of websites and applications designed with the user in mind will lead to a better experience overall for users, regardless culture, language, location, or how they access the internet, thus resulting in a thriving technology community. This is why designers from the UX team at Google will be visiting Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa to conduct a hands-on user experience masterclass to help you and your team apply the best practices of UX design to your new and existing projects.

The masterclass will run for two days , with each day targeted at two different audiences.

Day 1 for New Product Teams

Day 1 will equip teams who are working on launching a new product with fundamentals of the UX Process and tips on Product Launch such as:

  • Understanding your users

  • Crystallizing your product vision

  • Idea generation and paper prototyping

  • Planning your next steps: from designs to launch

Day 2: Post Launch Product Teams

Day 2 will focus on helping teams who have publicly launched products to apply the fundamentals of UX to their next product iteration. The sessions will include:

  • Understanding your users

  • Identifying improvements to your product

  • Iterating on designs

  • Planning your next steps: launching improvements and measuring success

At the end of the Masterclass your team will come away with a clear picture of what needs to be done to take your new or existing project to the next level as well as a clear action plan to help you get there.

We're very excited about this event and hope you are interested in joining us!

Please indicate your team’s interest in attending here.

If you know anyone else that might be interested in attending, please feel free to forward this along and they can apply via the same link above.

Application closes on 4th of April 2015

Feel free to reach out to google-ux-...@google.com if you have any questions in the meantime.

Cheers,

The Sub Google Saharan Africa UX Masterclass team