Attempting to print fails with 'Unfortunately, Print Spooler has stopped.'

hey...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2014, 10:34:29 AM10/23/14
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com
 I have several tablets that I am attempting to use Cloud Print on to a corporate printer.  I have the google cloud print service installed on the server.  When attempting to print from a Motorola Xyboard or a Sony xPeria Z2 (both fresh installs with only a google account associated and no other apps installed), I get an error message stating 'Unfortunately, Print Spooler has stopped.'

I can temporarily fix this by going to the app settings and deleting the cache for the app.  It will work one time and then subsequent tries will crash again.

I have tried two tablets, three gmail accounts, two print servers, two printers, and many combinations of all of these.  Nothing seems to work.  I have found this problem by googling it on several sites dating back to April of this year but I have yet to locate a solution.

As a side note, I installed the 3rd party "Cloud Print plus" app by Paulo Fernandes out of desperation and it prints just fine.  I don't like having to make my users go to a separate app just to print something, though, since for a lot of them the term "double click" tends to go over their heads.  If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Also if anyone thinks I'm in the wrong group, I apologize, I was directed here by this page: https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/2541863?hl=en&ref_topic=4456299

Goofy 235

May 24, 2015, 6:13:28 PM5/24/15
to gcp-dev...@googlegroups.com, hey...@gmail.com
My simple solution: Downloaded HP ePrint and stopped all the other garbage!
It works great from my Android tablet (KitKat) RCA RCT6203W46