Virtual Machine Instance stuck at transferring SSH Keys to VM

Saket Codes

Oct 18, 2016, 9:36:56 AM10/18/16
to gce-discussion
I can click on the external ip address and access the landing page.

I can also transfer and receive files via filezilla.

But I cannot the console via SSH, it is stuck at the 'transferring keys to VM screen'. Any assistance would be great.

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Oct 18, 2016, 6:37:39 PM10/18/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Saket,

In order to further investigate the issue can you provide the following information:
1. Have you added the SSH key to Project metadata or Instance metadata?If its instance metadata, is project level ssh key blocked?
2. Does your user account has necessary permission in the project to SSH to the instance (e.g Owner, Editor or Compute Instance Admin IAM role)?
3. Are you able to SSH to the instance using ssh client e.g Putty?If yes, you need to make sure Google account manager daemon is running on the instance.

Looking forward to your response.

Faizan

Developer mnagenome

Apr 24, 2020, 1:36:57 PM4/24/20
to gce-discussion
Hello Faizan,

Currently facing the same issue.

Can you help out? Tried all the 3 things you are suggesting but it doesn't seem to work.

Duanel Garrido Milan

Apr 27, 2020, 6:37:48 AM4/27/20
to gce-discussion
Hello,

Can you try running this gcloud command in the Cloud Shell ? :

gcloud beta compute ssh --zone ZONE INSTANCE_NAME --project PROJECT

Hope this help.