GCE SMS alert not working

Qasim Lodhi

Jan 13, 2016, 4:16:11 PM1/13/16
to gce-discussion
I've setup alerts (HTTP watch, and process watch etc.) with both email and SMS notifications. I get the email notifications but no SMS is sent out.

I've setup my phone through Settings page and a code was sent to the phone and the correct ph # shows up in 'Add Notification' section but no SMS is sent out on alert while email is working fine.

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Jan 14, 2016, 5:35:59 PM1/14/16
to gce-discussion

Hello Qasim,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I could reproduce this issue and opened a thread in Google Compute Engine public issue tracker for that. I'll forward your report to the engineering team and any questions they have will be posted there. Further status updates will be posted there as well. Please star it to receive update in your mailbox.

Sincerely,

Qasim Lodhi

Jan 14, 2016, 8:28:37 PM1/14/16
to gce-discussion
Thanks Kami! You guys are the best :)

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Jan 27, 2016, 6:22:19 PM1/27/16
to gce-discussion

Hello Qasim,

This issue should have been resolved by now. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Kamran

Qasim Lodhi

Feb 10, 2016, 2:19:42 PM2/10/16
to gce-discussion
Hi Kamran,

Sorry, couldn't reply earlier but this issue has been fixed and I am getting SMS alerts as expected.

Thanks a lot!

Qasim.