Compute Engine is getting ready. This may take a minute or more.

Chaitanya Veludandi

Mar 22, 2016, 1:35:18 PM3/22/16
to gce-discussion
Hi,

I started the 60 day trial account a few hours ago and tried to create a Computing Engine. Its been a few hours now and I am still seeing the above message (Compute Engine is getting ready. This may take a minute or more). How long does it take to create a GCE?

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Mar 22, 2016, 6:18:51 PM3/22/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Chaitanya,

If you still have issues creating GCE instances send me your project ID through private message for further investigation.

Thanks,

Faizan

Xanh Tinh Dầu

Nov 30, 2016, 10:54:37 PM11/30/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Faizan,
I have same problem,
(Compute Engine is getting ready. This may take a minute or more)
Then
(Enabling Compute API failed. Please retry the operation.)

Please give me instruction to solve it
Thank you so much.

Vào 05:18:51 UTC+7 Thứ Tư, ngày 23 tháng 3 năm 2016, Faizan (Google Cloud Support) đã viết:

Carlos (Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 1, 2016, 1:25:23 PM12/1/16
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xanh,

I would suggest the following:

1) Use a incognito window to access your Cloud Platform Console. Incognito mode is helpful to avoid cache issues in your browser.

2) Confirm that you have setup correctly your billing information and that there are no billing warnings in your Console.

3) If this is the first time you access your project, GCE API will be enabled when you access Google Cloud Console -> Compute Engine. It is normal that the system might take a couple of minutes to initialize.

4) You can try to enable the API directly. Google Cloud Console -> API Manager -> Google Compute Engine API

If after following the previous steps you still have issues, send me your project number via a private message. I hope this helps.

Xanh Tinh Dầu

Dec 1, 2016, 6:35:03 PM12/1/16
to Carlos (Cloud Platform Support), gce-discussion

Thank you for your support.
I create VM instance sucessfully already.

Vào 02-12-2016 01:25, "'Carlos (Cloud Platform Support)' via gce-discussion" <gce-dis...@googlegroups.com> đã viết:
--
© 2016 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-discussion@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/78cd5531-ace5-465b-969b-0097c1f4a2f1%40googlegroups.com.

David Hill

Mar 3, 2017, 2:47:37 PM3/3/17
to gce-discussion
I too just open an account today and have the same issue..

columnstore-160419 #923090238325

janus barinan

Jul 22, 2019, 2:26:45 PM7/22/19
to gce-discussion
Enable compute API for that project.

Digil (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 22, 2019, 4:27:47 PM7/22/19
to gce-discussion
Those who are having these type of issues, please follow the steps mentioned by the other community support personal. If the issue still persists, create a private issue(mentioning the project details) using the Issue Tracker.