Where can I see autoheal events in the logs?

Hrishikesh

Apr 17, 2018, 8:44:43 AM4/17/18
to gce-discussion
I have several managed groups with autohealing turned on. I have noticed that instances are being autohealed since they were unhealthy, but I am unable to find the corresponding events in the GCP dashboard logs - https://console.cloud.google.com/logs/viewer

Other events like autoscale etc are visible. Is there any specific text by which it needs to be searched for?

Fady (Google Cloud Platform)

Apr 17, 2018, 4:54:59 PM4/17/18
to gce-discussion

Hello Hrish,

You may check if the instances (part of an instance group) have been recreated due to autohealing in the operations log. An operation “Recreate an instance” should be listed with an operation type ”compute.instances.repair.recreateInstance”  followed by the “delete an instance” and “ create an instance” ( same instance gets deleted and created ). You may also search the same string “compute.instances.repair.recreateInstance” in the stackdriver logs under “GCE VM instance”. I hope that clarifies the confusion.

Hrishikesh

Apr 18, 2018, 1:44:44 AM4/18/18
to gce-discussion
Hi Fady, thanks for the response. The operations log does have the data I was looking for.

It would be much more helpful if this were part of the log viewer along with the other logs, since it would let us query them much more easily, with advanced queries. Is this something that you can forward to the engg team as a feature request?

Navi Aujla (Google Cloud Support)

Apr 18, 2018, 1:42:50 PM4/18/18
to gce-discussion
Hello Hrish

You can submit Stackdriver feature request using the issue tracker along with the type of feature you would like to include in the logging, providing all related details.