Wordpress Click-to-deploy warning about deprecated image

Scott Sletner

Sep 18, 2015, 12:34:47 PM9/18/15
to gce-discussion
I'm trying to use the wordpress click to deploy solution and the deployment completes but with warnings:

google-developer-console-wordpress-wordpress2 has resource warnings
google-developer-console-wordpress-wordpress2-coord: The resource 'projects/debian-cloud/global/images/debian-8-jessie-v20150818' is deprecated. A suggested replacement is 'https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/debian-cloud/global/images/debian-8-jessie-v20150915'.
How do I resolve this?

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Sep 18, 2015, 4:35:03 PM9/18/15
to gce-discussion
Hello Scott,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'll investigate the issue further and will reply with updates.

Faizan

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Sep 21, 2015, 9:47:19 AM9/21/15
to gce-discussion
Hello Scott,

I have reported the issue to our engineers. You can get updates on the progress through this issue report.

With that said, we now also offer Wordpress deployment through Bitnami launchpad which can be deployed through Developer console->Cloud Launcher.

I hope that helps.

Faizan

Scott Sletner

Oct 20, 2015, 7:44:36 PM10/20/15
to gce-discussion
Hi Fazian,
Any estimate when this will be resolved?

Thanks,

Scott

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Oct 20, 2015, 8:14:40 PM10/20/15
to gce-discussion

Hello Scott,

The issue should be resolved by now. I just deployed a WordPress (Google Click to Deploy) and it used 'wordpress-43-1509251040-debian-8-jessie-v20150915' as source image. Please try again and let me know if you're still experiencing any issues.

Sincerely,

Kamran

Joshua Thompson

Nov 11, 2015, 12:10:09 AM11/11/15
to gce-discussion
FYI I see this again with different versions:

"The resource 'projects/debian-cloud/global/images/debian-8-jessie-v20150929' is deprecated. A suggested replacement is 'https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/debian-cloud/global/images/debian-8-jessie-v20151104'."

Thanks,
Josh

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Nov 13, 2015, 11:46:45 AM11/13/15
to gce-discussion
Hello Josh,

I am currently investigating this issue. I will post a response once I have updates to share.

Thanks

Faizan

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Nov 18, 2015, 11:41:22 AM11/18/15
to gce-discussion
Hello Josh,

The image for Google click to deploy WordPress has been updated. Can you confirm if the issue in fixed on your end.

Thanks

Faizan

Joshua Thompson

Nov 20, 2015, 1:11:56 AM11/20/15
to gce-discussion
Yep, everything is good, thanks :)

Joshua Thompson

Nov 20, 2015, 1:12:27 AM11/20/15
to gce-discussion
Yep, everything is good, thanks :)

Vernon Davis

Jan 22, 2016, 12:12:26 PM1/22/16
to gce-discussion
Hi,

I've just deployed Google click to deploy Wordpress and I've receiving the following warning.

deployment_coordinator has resource warnings
google-developer-console-wordpress-vmstech-coord: The resource 'projects/debian-cloud/global/images/debian-8-jessie-v20151104' is deprecated. A suggested replacement is 'https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/debian-cloud/global/images/debian-8-jessie-v20160119'.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vernon Davis

Michael Potter

Jan 27, 2016, 10:00:46 AM1/27/16
to gce-discussion
Trying to deploy a Percona cluster -

The resource 'projects/debian-cloud/global/images/debian-8-jessie-v20151104' is deprecated. A suggested replacement is 'https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/debian-cloud/global/images/debian-8-jessie-v20160119'

Unexpected response from resource of type compute.v1.instance: 400 {statusMessage=Bad Request, errors=[{message=Invalid value for field 'resource.disk.initializeParams.sourceImage': 'https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/click-to-deploy-images/global/images/percona-5620-1511131441-debian-7-wheezy-v20151104'. Referenced resource was not found., domain=global, reason=invalid}]}

Doesn't complete due to this error. Coincidence or does it always seem to be the Jessie based templates?

Michael Potter

Jan 27, 2016, 10:09:23 AM1/27/16
to gce-discussion
Just noticed the error message is for Wheezy, not Jessie (Warning for Jessie). But I guess templates being deprecated/removed and the Cloud Launcher not being updated, breaking them is pretty much the same issue.

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Jan 27, 2016, 11:16:08 AM1/27/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Vernon and Michael,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have reported it to our engineering team, I'll update the thread once I have more information to share.

Faizan

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Feb 5, 2016, 10:58:58 AM2/5/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Vernon and Michael,

The issue with WordPress and Percona XtraDB deployments has been fixed. Can you confirm if you can successfully deploy your cluster ?

Thanks

Faizan

Michael

Feb 8, 2016, 4:10:39 AM2/8/16
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Faizan,

Looks to be working fine now, thanks!

--

------------------------------
<http://www.lisaangel.co.uk>

Blake Freeman

Jan 16, 2017, 5:11:23 PM1/16/17
to gce-discussion
Hi Faizan,

I just got this same error today when trying to clone my wordpress VM.

The resource 'projects/click-to-deploy-images/global/images/wordpress-debian-7-wheezy-v20150127' was not found

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Jan 17, 2017, 6:42:50 PM1/17/17
to gce-discussion
Hello Blake,

You are getting the error when cloning your instance because the image "wordpress-debian-7-wheezy-v20150127" is deprecated. You can launch a WordPress instance with the new image through Cloud Launcher

If you wish to create new GCE instance with the same image(wordpress-debian-7-wheezy-v20150127) you can do so by creating an image from your instance boot disk and use it for future VM deployments. However, my recommendation is to go with the first option i.e creating WordPress with the new image because new images include improvements and security patches.

I hope that helps.

Faizan