Deploying an application using gcloud

Adeel Ahmad

Apr 13, 2017, 10:46:16 AM4/13/17
to gce-discussion
I have a Laravel web application for which I have added a app.yaml file, but I receive the following error whenever I try to deploy the app:

Details: [
  [
    {
      "@type": "type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.ResourceInfo",
      "description": "The \"appengine.applications.create\" permission is required.",
      "resourceType": "gae.api"
    }
  ]
]

Could some please point out as to why I'm getting this error? I have ensured that all the relevant APIs are enabled on my console.

Mani Gandham

Apr 13, 2017, 1:02:12 PM4/13/17
to gce-discussion
What user account do you have logged in with gcloud? Do you have permissions to use appengine for that user account? Check the IAM settings first.

Adeel Ahmad

Apr 13, 2017, 2:01:17 PM4/13/17
to gce-discussion

I have attached a screenshot of my settings. It seems I have a "Editor" permissions for "Compute Engine default service account". Could you please check and confirm? I'm not very familiar with GAE.

Thank you.
Screenshot - 130417 - 22:56:08.png

Mani Gandham

Apr 13, 2017, 4:35:42 PM4/13/17
to gce-discussion
If you're using gcloud on your own computer then you should be logging in with your own account. Use this command to login again and make sure you use the right account to authenticate the gcloud cli:

gcloud auth login

Then make sure you have the right permissions by using the roles menu on the IAM page. You can give yourself admin access to app engine or just make yourself the owner of the whole project. Screenshot below.

Adeel Ahmad

Apr 17, 2017, 12:56:38 PM4/17/17
to gce-discussion
Thanks for this.

I have updated the permission according to your guidelines (screenshot attached), but I still get:

"description": "The \"appengine.applications.create\" permission is required."

Could you please let me know if I need to provide some other permission?
2017-04-17_1020.png

Evan Anderson

Apr 18, 2017, 4:49:28 PM4/18/17
to Adeel Ahmad, gce-discussion

There is some one-time per-project setup which needs to be performed by a project owner for App Engine. You can do this through the web console, gcloud command line, or API. If you're automatically provisioning projects and App Engine, you can grant a service account owner on the created projects. If you're only setting up one project, I'd do it by hand in the web console.

For more information on provisioning an App Engine application, see: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/admin-api/creating-an-application

--
© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/d4f19325-c207-42bd-aba6-29266b15a518%40googlegroups.com.

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Apr 20, 2017, 10:29:01 AM4/20/17
to gce-discussion
Hello Adeel,

For future reference you can post questions related to Google App Engine on GAE discussion group or Stack Overflow with the google-app-engine tag.

Faizan

Samuel Chukwuemeka

Jul 17, 2017, 8:36:40 AM7/17/17
to gce-discussion
Hi Adeel,

       Do you still have issues with deploying applications using gcloud?

If yes, I posted a YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63LrFMuLS8E) that shows the steps to download, install, and configure gcloud; as well as use gcloud to deploy web apps.

Thank you.

Samuel