SFTP USING SSH ( FILEZILLA CLIENT)

kapil...@eduex.guru

Feb 19, 2015, 3:04:56 AM2/19/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com

Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)

As per the instructions "

  1. Browse to the location where your SSH keys were generated. By default, this is in your Home directory (~/.ssh/)."

How can I browse to the location with out connection?

  1. Specify the SFTP user as the same user that you used when you ran the gcloud compute ssh command or as theroot user. If you are connected to an instance using that command, you can determine the user based on the command-line prompt, which will show the user name as <user>@<instance>:~$.

What is the password? to be used in SFTP connection filezilla console?

Thanks

mia...@google.com

Feb 19, 2015, 4:07:31 AM2/19/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
You have not explained exactly what you are trying to achieve. Do you have filezilla client locally and want to SFTP to GCE, or the other way around ? Does this work for you, $ gcloud compute ssh <instance-name>  ?  Your SSH keys are generated locally, not on the GCE instance.

Kap Vyas

Feb 19, 2015, 5:07:49 AM2/19/15
to mia...@google.com, gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Yes I have FileZilla client locally and trying to SFTP to GCE.

I am also using bitnami console that gives me ssh keys imported to FileZilla client.

I can run gcloud compute ssh

When you say ssh keys are generate locally how can they be seen at FileZilla client unless we move them via bitnami download console?
Sent from my iPhone
--
© 2014 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/c02cbf31-adbf-4953-bac2-ce68f3445ed6%40googlegroups.com.

Kapil Vyas

Feb 19, 2015, 5:54:30 AM2/19/15
to mia...@google.com, gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
gcloud compute --project "tokyo-portal-861" ssh --zone "asia-east1-a" "bitnami-magento-7ae0"

Updated [https://www.googleapis.com/compute/v1/projects/tokyo-portal-861].Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).Warning: Permanently added '104.155.198.171' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.Permission denied (publickey).
From: <mia...@google.com>
Date: Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 2:37 PM
To: <gce-dis...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [gce-discussion] Re: SFTP USING SSH ( FILEZILLA CLIENT)

mia...@google.com

Feb 19, 2015, 6:08:18 AM2/19/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com, mia...@google.com
Are you using Windows or Linux locally ? If it is Windows, have a look at http://www.strato-faq.co.uk/article/2171/Can-I-also-log-in-via-FileZilla-using-an-SSH-key.html  . You can import your keys into Filezilla and connect that way.

If you are using Linux, you need to copy the .pub SSH key from /home/your_user/.ssh/*.pub  to the server using the Developers Console > compute engine > VM Instances > click on your system and go down to SSH keys and add it. Then you can run the gcloud command again.

kapil...@eduex.guru

Feb 19, 2015, 6:53:14 AM2/19/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com, mia...@google.com
COPY FROM SERVER TO SERVER??? not sure how this works?
I am still getting this error and public key .pub generated on linux server cannot be transfered to filezilla client?

can you tell me steps to do this?

Error:         Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)

Error:         Could not connect to server

If you are using Linux, you need to copy the .pub SSH key from /home/your_user/.ssh/*.pub  to the server using the Developers Console > compute engine > VM Instances > click on your system and go down to SSH keys and add it. Then you can run the gcloud command again.

SammyV

Feb 19, 2015, 7:49:31 AM2/19/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Assuming you're using Windows localy:

1 - Download PuTTYgen [1], and run it;
2 - Click the "Generate" button, and follow on-screen instructions;
3 - Once key generation has finished, enter your username on your server under "Key comment:";
4 - Save both public and private keys;
5 - Go to your project's Developers Console -->> Compute --> VM instances, and click on your VM's name. Scroll down the resulting page to the section named "SSH Keys", and click "Edit". This will present a new text box saying "Enter entire key data". Into this box you need to copy-paste the contents of the public key file you saved in the previous step (you can open the key file with Notepad). Then, click the blue "Save" button;
6 - Go to Filezilla -->> Settings -->> Connection -->> FTP -->> SFTP, and click the "Add keyfile..." button. There, select the private key file you saved in step 4. Save your changes;
7 - Now try connecting to the server, using the same username as you did in step 3, leaving the password blank, and specifying port 22.

---------------------------------

Brenda Pina

Oct 4, 2015, 3:11:14 PM10/4/15
to gce-discussion
I followed all !! But I have the same problem.... Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent: publickey)
Error: No se pudo conectar al servidor

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Oct 5, 2015, 4:37:41 PM10/5/15
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hello Brenda,

Are you able to ssh to your instance using the keys generated through PuTTYgen ? If not, make sure your public key is the right format and copied properly to instance metadata. You can refer to this link for more information.

I hope that helps.

Faizan