Re: [gce-discussion] How to avoid over booked zones??

Paul Nash

Apr 19, 2017, 6:26:39 AM4/19/17
to Ray Foss, gce-discussion
I answered elsewhere, but unfortunately we don't have a hint system right now. I wanted to add, you needn't move across the country. It would usually be sufficient to try another zone in the same region (eg us-east1-c).

Per our SLA, it would be unlikely that more than one would be busy at the same time (less than 0.05%, or 21.9 minutes per month that we could be out, though even that is rare).

On Apr 18, 2017 7:48 AM, "Ray Foss" <foss...@gmail.com> wrote:

Apparently if too many people use a zone, you won't be able to start instances back up.

Starting VM instance Error: The zone does not have enough resources available to fulfill the request

As I'll need to move the instance to a new zone, how do I know which zones are at high capacity so that I may avoid those?

I'm thinking of moving it from us-east1-b to us-west1-b, as the latter has been busy for over 3 hours

--
© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-discussion@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/8bd3ab45-9fcc-4a06-ade6-c3f71e7f5d94%40googlegroups.com.