Gave root:root: permissions to home home folder and now I can't ssh in

First Last

Jun 16, 2017, 5:05:34 PM6/16/17
to gce-discussion
So, I changed some permissions and gave root:root permissions to my home/name/ folder and now I can't ssh in.  I was told I would have to  start another instance, and mount that volume to that instance and change the permissions that way.

So my question is, how do I mount my instance volume to another instance? I tried looking at the docs, but I didn't understand them.

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Jun 16, 2017, 7:05:14 PM6/16/17
to gce-discussion

Interacting with the Serial Console is a useful feature that you can enable on your VM and use it to get into your instance to perform troubleshooting tasks and to fix the issue.

If you have any questions about this feature please let me know.

Sincerely,