Image can't be used within your organization

PM

Apr 19, 2018, 9:01:02 AM4/19/18
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Create VM instance "instance-2" and its boot disk "instance-2" 24m My Project 52408
Constraint constraints/compute.storageResourceUseRestrictions violated for project xxxxxxxx
projects/debian-cloud/global/images/debian-9-stretch-v20180401 can't be used within your organization.

so have a message there, trying to create linux VM - after successfull running debian 8/9 images until today, windows vps also running - just deleted old linux snapshot and wanted to reinstall new one, so this message appeared - what it is, and how can I solve it?

now tried to run CentOS / Windows VM - same happens, while one WS2016 VM is stopped and okay.

just now started then stopped WS2016 VM - it's ok, created another one from this snapshot - ok too so what happens?)

Navi Aujla (Google Cloud Support)

Apr 19, 2018, 12:20:52 PM4/19/18
to gce-discussion
Hello

It seems like image access constraints are set at the organization level for the project. You can check this public documentation for more information. You can verify the effecting image access policy on project using following command:

At project level:
gcloud beta resource-manager org-policies describe compute.storageResourceUseRestrictions --project <project-id> --effective

Example output:

gcloud beta resource-manager org-policies describe compute.storageResourceUseRestrictions --project my-project-test --effective
constraint: constraints/compute.storageResourceUseRestrictions
listPolicy:
  allValues: ALLOW

For command reference, check the documentation link here

FYI: To manage constraints set at organization level user needs to have the "resourcemanager.organizationAdmin" role.

PM

Apr 19, 2018, 3:59:59 PM4/19/18
to gce-discussion

On Thursday, 19 April 2018 19:20:52 UTC+3, Navi Aujla (Google Cloud Support) wrote:
Hello

It seems like image access constraints are set at the organization level for the project.

I am the only admin / manager of the account who have access at all... so wanted to know who changed it, and what caused - to do further...

Shan Kulandaivel

Apr 20, 2018, 11:05:15 AM4/20/18
to m.pan...@gmail.com, gce-discussion
Hi - does the issue still persist? Are you able to create new VMs now? We had transient issue cause few failures - it should be fully resolved now.  Can you please retry if you havent already?

thanks

--
© 2018 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-dis...@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/47c5e3cf-cfe3-432f-b546-df6f2b7ef2c4%40googlegroups.com.

PM

Apr 20, 2018, 2:48:48 PM4/20/18
to gce-discussion
yes, just now tried - it completely works, thank you!