Unable to request GPU quota

Anders Bruun Olsen

Aug 31, 2017, 9:06:36 AM8/31/17
to gce-discussion
Hi,

GPUs don't show up on the quotas page. It seems to be a known issue with a fix coming up.
The StackOverflow post I found also said to post in here, to get a support engineer to help me manually get some quota added, so, anybody in here able to help? :)

--
Anders

Navi Aujla (Google Cloud Support)

Aug 31, 2017, 12:45:47 PM8/31/17
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andres,

In some cases, removing all Cookies or using an Incognito Window, and accessing the page again, even several refreshes may needed, it can address the problem of not seeing GPU quota.

In order to verify your project, please provide me with the following information in private message:

1. Your Project-id
2. GPU quota you need (and specify region) [1]

Also, let me know if the provided workaround helps you.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/gpus/#introduction

Fan fei Chong

Sep 1, 2017, 3:12:16 PM9/1/17
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Navi,

I have the same problem.

===================================
Removed private information for security reasons
===================================

Fan Fei

Navi Aujla (Google Cloud Support)

Sep 4, 2017, 10:19:18 AM9/4/17
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
I have forwarded the incoming GPU quota increase requests to the backend team to update manually.

I will update this thread once I have more information on the status of these requests.

Sean Davis

Sep 4, 2017, 12:53:06 PM9/4/17
to gce-discussion
Thanks, Navi. It would also be great to know what the recommended solution for this is for now for those of us who are having the same issue. Email, and if so, who? Phone support? Wait for update to the console?

Navi Aujla (Google Cloud Support)

Sep 4, 2017, 2:49:48 PM9/4/17
to gce-discussion
Hello Sean,

Engineering team is working on the fix. Meanwhile, You can privately message me with the following information and I can forward the request to backend team to update the GPU quota manually

- Email associated with project:
- Project Name :
- Region [1] :
- Quantity :

[1] https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/gpus/#introduction

Cyril Diagne

Sep 4, 2017, 3:35:03 PM9/4/17
to gce-discussion
I've been unable to request GPU quota on a rather urgent project.
I've seen in many other threads that the issue is being investigated.

Any chance to get a manual upgrade?

Thanks a lot,

Navi Aujla (Google Cloud Support)

Sep 4, 2017, 3:39:35 PM9/4/17
to gce-discussion
Hello Cyril,

Please provide me with the following in a private message and I can forward your GPU quota increase request to backend team to manually update.

- Email associated with project:
- Project Name :
Region [1] :
- Quantity :

[1] https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/gpus/#introduction

Navi Aujla (Google Cloud Support)

Sep 8, 2017, 10:18:05 AM9/8/17
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

The issue with the Cloud Console not displaying some Quota Resources should be fully addressed. Please check the "IAM & Admin->Quotas" page on cloud console to verify the GPU quota allocation and if need GPU resources, please follow the GCE quota increase process from cloud console as mentioned here [1].

I appreciate your patience while backend team was working on the fix. Let me know if you still encountering this issue or need any assistance.

[1] https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/6075746?hl=en

Ameya Patil

Oct 3, 2017, 9:11:19 AM10/3/17
to gce-discussion
Hello,
I have upgraded my google cloud account. When I go to IAM & admin --> Quotas --> Metric --> Nvidia K80 GPUs for all region, the used column shows -/0 for all regions as shown in the attached screenshot. I also tried to edit quotas for asia-northeast region and request for increase in GPU access from 0 to 1. Could you please help me to understand the 0s present in the used column. Also when can I get the GPU access for the request which i have applied for?

Thanks and Regards,
Ameya Patil
Developer (ML/CV)
Drishti Works, Mumbai
Screenshot from 2017-10-03 12:12:44.png

Maxime Dion

Jan 23, 2018, 9:49:23 AM1/23/18
to gce-discussion
I still had this issue many months after it had supposedly been fixed.

For an older project I managed to see the GPU quotas after reloading the quota page many times from another browser.

For a newer project however it did not work.  But I managed to fix it by going to Compute Engine > Quotas instead of IAM & Admin > Quotas.  This page actually only redirects to IAM & Admin > Quotas, however it first displayed "Compute Engine is getting ready. This may take a minute or more.", which indeed took over a minute, but after that I could view many more quotas, including GPUs, on IAM & Admin > Quotas.

ANDI RIZKYANA

May 24, 2018, 9:50:50 AM5/24/18
to gce-discussion
Hello, Hallo, I have a coupon from google startup. I want to test some GPU that i will use for editing some video and picture for my website, can i get it? and how to get GPU support.

Sai Baba

May 25, 2018, 9:19:04 AM5/25/18
to gce-discussion
- Email associated with project: ksaib...@gmail.com
- Project Name :  New project
Region [1] :  us-west -1b
- Quantity : 1

Sai Baba

May 25, 2018, 9:28:43 AM5/25/18
to gce-discussion
It is showing. But it is not granting my request ( i mean they are not giving quota). I checked all billing accounts .

--
© 2018 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-discussion@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/7dff1f91-4bd8-4902-bd99-3160f4273eb5%40googlegroups.com.

zfv...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2018, 12:28:43 PM11/30/18
to gce-discussion
hello Navi, I encounter a problem. I want to use multi -gpus for deep learning, but the quota(gpus all region) is 0 and then I edit the quota  quantity to 5 . Then I receive an email from google team as the following:
We have received your quota request for deeplearning-224014.
Unfortunately, we are unable to grant your quota increase at this time.
_________________

I want to know what contributes to this condition and I want to use the gpus.

- Email associated with project:  zfv...@gmail.com
- Project Name :  deeplearning-224014
       - Project No: 484564553290
Region [1] :  us-west1-b
- Quantity : 5
       - gpu : nvidia-k80
       - quota: gpus all region

Digil (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 30, 2018, 5:38:16 PM11/30/18
to gce-discussion
Hello,

I would recommend you to contact the sales team since they would be able to assist you better in this concern.

PS: As this is a public discussion thread, sharing sensitive information like 'Project ID','Project number' etc.. are not recommended.

Darshan Subhash Nevgi

Nov 20, 2019, 12:28:32 PM11/20/19
to gce-discussion
Hi,

I am unable to see GPU's in the metrics even after trying opening google cloud in incognito mode. Please help with the same asap.

Darshan

Kamelia Y

Nov 20, 2019, 3:12:32 PM11/20/19
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I checked in my project and I can see all GPUs metric in the quota page for example NVIDIA k80 GPUs, Committed NVIDIA k80 GPUs, etc.

If you are not able to see any GPUs metric binding quota page, I recommend that you create a private Issue Tracker [1] case and provide us your project number, screenshots and reproduction steps, so we can begin investigating this.

[1]https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/new?component=187164

[2]https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/issue-trackers

Ricardo Ludeke

May 13, 2020, 8:33:05 AM5/13/20
to gce-discussion
Hi,

I'm trying to request a GPU quota increase and get an instant deny response.
We're simply trying to use GPU notebooks and can't get any started.
The global GPU quota is 0, although specific regions do show single resources available.
Even if I try those resources, I still get an error that no resources are available.

I find it extremely frustrating that it has to be this hard to give Google money for something we singed up to use in the first place.

Please assist!

Bill Wu

May 13, 2020, 10:09:52 AM5/13/20
to gce-discussion
There seem to be no gpus available to use even with a quota > 0. I keep getting the 'not enough resources available to fulfill request' error when trying to start instances with GPUs.

Kamelia Y

May 13, 2020, 12:41:58 PM5/13/20
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For your quota issue, if your request has been rejested, I would like to suggest you to contact sales team as they are more export to answer this kind of issue or you can reply the email for your quota request then someone from sales team contact you in order to discuss further.

regarding your error message 'not enough resources available to fulfill' , Getting a "zone resources exhausted" message is specific to that request and that moment in time. It is possible that the size or type of resource you requested is temporarily in use, try other available zone (if a different zone not crucial ) or try in different time.

Unfortunately, there rare occurrences, therefor why we are continuously expanding our capacity. However we are unable to provide you an ETA. when resources may be added or freed in the affected zone. Hence, as a workaround you can try balancing your workload in a different zone, or try again later. Furthermore, I would like to point you to this post made by "Paul Nash", who thoroughly explained the resource stock-out issue at Google Cloud Platform (GCP).

Ricardo Ludeke

May 18, 2020, 8:37:11 AM5/18/20
to gce-discussion
Hi Kamelia,

I've contact the sales team days ago and I'm still getting no response.
I've tried requesting more quota and still being denied.
Even if I respond to the support mail that I get saying that quota is denied, I still get no response.
Is there anyone else I could contact to assist?

Kamelia Y

May 18, 2020, 1:30:29 PM5/18/20
to gce-discussion
Hi Ricardo,

You can call the sales team. They are also available over phone at 1-844-613-7589, Monday—Friday, 8 AM—8 PM ET.

Dehbi Mouad

May 21, 2020, 9:25:05 PM5/21/20
to gce-discussion
hi Ricardo ,
I have the same probleme , did you find a solution ?

Cameron Thomas Otway

May 22, 2020, 2:22:30 PM5/22/20
to gce-discussion
Hello

Have you reached out to the sales team as Kamelia mentioned  [ 1]?  you can also contact them here

[1]:1-844-613-7589, Monday—Friday, 8 AM—8 PM ET.

Ragul Puhazhendi

Jun 14, 2020, 1:55:23 PM6/14/20
to gce-discussion
Hi ,

I have also been facing the same issue for past 7 days , We have not be able to get our GPU Quota increased after numerous efforts with Support team , raising as a production issue and contacted Sales Teams also . We feel let down by the Google support team . Hence I have shifted to AWS , I hope Google team can help resolve the issue for us .