Need help creating unmanaged compute.v1.instanceGroup in a deployment manager configuration file

Johan Eriksson

Aug 26, 2016, 3:09:53 AM8/26/16
to gce-discussion
Hi,

I am trying to create an unmanaged instance group and assign instances to it in the configuration file.

What I do not understand is how to add instances. I can not see an "instances" property or similar in the documentation.

I would essentially want to do something like:

- type: compute.v1.instanceGroup
name: s24-spapi-ig
properties:
network: <replace with a network>
    subnetwork: <replace with a subnetwork>
    instances:
    - <replace with reference to instance 1>
    - <replace with reference to instance 2>
    - <replace with reference to instance 3>
tags:
items:
- s24

Does anyone have any hints?

Best,
Johan

George (Google Cloud Support)

Aug 26, 2016, 4:43:45 PM8/26/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Johan,

In the request body, supply data with the following structure:

{
   "instances":  [
      {
         "instance":  string
      }
   ]
}

You can refer to this Help Center article for more information on how to deploy instance groups "addInstance" option, and a "try it" section is available for testing purposes.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
George
Message has been deleted