Wordpress login page redirects to homepage after username and password entered

Riley Brown

Aug 17, 2017, 4:59:05 PM8/17/17
to gce-discussion
Well... here we go.

I've deployed bitnami onto Wordpress. I've successfully configured my website. Everything re-directs to my domain name. Here's the issue:

When I go to login to my wordpress ( www.website.com/wp-login.php ) Everything appears to be normal. I'm taken to the are to login to Wordpress. However, as soon as I click "login" (after entering my Wordpress username and password) the browser automatically re-directs me back to the website homepage. I've tried just about all I can think of to fix this. It's an endless loop and there seems to be no way to access my WP dashboard. I've tried clearing browser cookies and all cached information but nothing seems to help. I suspect this has something to do with my DNS configuration. It seems to be redirecting my wp dashboard back to the main website. Ideas? Sollutions?

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

Aug 17, 2017, 8:04:42 PM8/17/17
to gce-dis...@googlegroups.com
I would recommend you try using your IP address in lieu of your domain name and see if the issue still persists. I also found this stackexchange thread that may be applicable to your case.