Our cloud platform keeps getting shutdown with a DoS message

Charles Farnell

Mar 10, 2016, 2:45:59 PM3/10/16
to gce-discussion
Hi,

Every few days or weeks we get shutdown with "Google has found activity on ProjectName (vaulted-channel-999999) that appears to be committing denial of service attacks."

We respond via the form and Google turns it back on but it keeps happening.

We have no clue what we are supposedly violating. The only API we call is the Maps API.

THis is incredibly frustrating. Once we are shutdown none of the links work, not even support!

HELP!

Charles

George

Mar 11, 2016, 2:34:10 PM3/11/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Charles,

I apologize for the late reply. Is it possible to privately send me your Project ID so I can be able to investigate the issue and probably flag it to the appropriate team in order to look for a resolution of the issue as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
George

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Mar 11, 2016, 7:01:32 PM3/11/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Charles,

You should have received a response from the Google Cloud Platform's Abuse Team. I encourage you to continue working with the Abuse Team to resolve this issue.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Dave Rensin

Mar 11, 2016, 9:21:08 PM3/11/16
to gce-discussion
Charles,

My name is Dave and I run Support globally for GCP.

My colleague - Paul Nash - brought this to my attention and I wanted to jump on and say I'm sorry that we didn't react better for you.  To be completely blunt, we dropped the ball.

We do read these groups actively and when people express pain (like you did) we create tickets internally and work to resolve the issue as fast as we can. In this case, however, we screwed up the assignment of the ticket and it got dropped.

By now, I hope, someone from the abuse team has helped you get back up and running. (If not, please let me know!) In addition, we've started an internal postmortem to figure out why we executed this so poorly.

The mission of our Support team is "Drive Customer Anxiety -> 0" and that starts with making sure that our customers never feel alone - especially when they're having a difficult moment.

Anyway... I just felt like we owed you something more than a perfunctory "you should be back up and running now".

-warmest,
-dave

Dave Rensin | Director of Global Cloud Support and Services | Google, Inc.

Prajwal Kunkala

Jun 19, 2016, 12:20:30 PM6/19/16
to gce-discussion
Hi George,

We're facing the exact same issue as Charles.

"Google has found activity on My First Project (sunlit-utility-131907) that appears to be committing denial of service attacks."

Can you please let us know what we should do? We've already submitted the form. We don't know what we're violating. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Prajwal

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

Jun 19, 2016, 1:04:45 PM6/19/16
to gce-discussion

Hello Prajwal,

Thank you for your message. I'm investigating this issue and will be forwarding to the appropriate team to assist you on resolving it. In the meantime, please try to find out the source of denial of service attacks from your project, which can help speeding up the resolution.

Thank you,

Motor Ninja

Jun 27, 2016, 2:22:09 AM6/27/16
to gce-discussion
Hi George,

We're facing the exact same issue as Charles.

Can you please unblock the project "imposing-pipe-133123" so that i can make the changes as the the terms and conditions of google and redeploy, to avoid the violation in long run.

Thanks in advance,
Ashim

pham thi vinh

Oct 18, 2016, 11:38:24 PM10/18/16
to gce-discussion
Dear George,
I has issue like Charles.

" Project sigma-crow-114609 is in violation of Google’s Terms of Service
Google has found activity on My First Project (sigma-crow-114609) that appears to be committing denial of service attacks. "

I don't know what i'm
violating. Please review my form which i has been submit.

Thanks in advance,
Vinh

George (Google Cloud Support)

Oct 19, 2016, 11:45:57 AM10/19/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Pham,

I have submitted an internal ticket on your behalf to the specialized team, who should be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
George