Is Hotlink Protection supported in Google Cloud CDN or Load Balancer?

Stanley Jobs

Apr 23, 2018, 9:27:08 AM4/23/18
to gce-discussion
I need to block several websites as referrals on a website that has Google Cloud CDN on front. Is it possible?

Digil (Google Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 24, 2018, 8:25:08 PM4/24/18
to gce-discussion
As of now, this feature is not supported on the Google Cloud CDN. You can request for this feature using the issue-tracker. You should be able to configure the hotlink protection using the Cloudflare and then integrate it with the GCP platform.

On an additional note, I have also seen a discussion in the StackOverflow community, where an answer has been provided by a community member towards the usage of 'hot-linking' on Google Cloud Storage and NGINX server. You can check it for a reference as well.