My data is exporting wrong

Colin Tonge

Nov 26, 2016, 12:00:54 PM11/26/16
to gce-discussion
When I query Big Query I get my data perfectly however when I download the file, by any means, it changes the dates into the format '1.427028858E9' which is no use to me.

Any ideas what's going wrong so I can export with the date in the format displayed in the preview '2015-03-22 12:54:18 UTC'
Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 14.06.27.png
Screen Shot 2016-11-26 at 14.06.08.png

Paul Nash

Nov 30, 2016, 3:43:17 AM11/30/16
to Colin Tonge, gce-discussion
Hi Colin,

This forum is primarily dedicated to Google Compute Engine, which is our VMs product. You may find more help for this category of issue on forums like StackExchange or StackOverflow. However, I believe the value you're seeing is related to something called "epoch" time. Here's a random Google shove in the right direction: https://www.google.com#q=bigquery%20epoch%20to%20timestamp

HTH...

--
© 2016 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Email preferences: You received this email because you signed up for the Google Compute Engine Discussion Google Group (gce-discussion@googlegroups.com) to participate in discussions with other members of the Google Compute Engine community and the Google Compute Engine Team.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "gce-discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gce-discussion/97babfad-1494-43f4-a6cb-fd243f86a103%40googlegroups.com.

Paul R. Nash | Product Manager, Compute Engine | paul...@google.com | 206-876-1620