Not able to connect to SSH

pickmy loan

Aug 22, 2017, 9:02:34 AM8/22/17
to gce-discussion
I have ubuntu instance on google compute engine, after system prompted for system restart, I restarted with init 6, since then I am not able to connect to it using SSH, I enabled serial-port-connect, and I am able access it, but applications not running.

Both gunicorn and nginx are in inactive status, and when I tried to start them, I am getting

EXT4-fs (sdb): Unrecognized mount option "[NOFAIL]" or missing value

any help appreciated.

ufw status show ssh port active, but I am not able connect using putty or from cloud browser instance.

Carlos (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 22, 2017, 3:46:24 PM8/22/17
to gce-discussion
The error you are posting seems to be related to the file system. Were you doing changes in your /etc/fstab file? If so you must edit the file again to use the right configuration.

I would initially have a look to the messages that are displayed on serial console when the instance boots. They will probably give you some hints on what the real problem is.

You can also check whether the SSH service is running or not. To do that run “netstat --listening” in the VM or use nmap to do a port scan. This guide might also help you.