Google cloud sql added a new schema called 'sys'. Should I be worried?

Russell Thompson

Nov 30, 2016, 12:38:25 PM11/30/16
to gce-discussion
I noticed a new database has appeared on my sql server on Friday called 'sys'. It has one table and includes loads of stored procedures. Should I be worried or is this a system thing?

Faizan (Google Cloud Support)

Nov 30, 2016, 3:44:35 PM11/30/16
to gce-discussion
Hello Russell,

This discussion group is primary dedicated to Google Compute Engine discussions. As such, to get answer to your question I would recommend posting it on CloudSQL discussion group[1]. Sharing MySQL doc[2] which explains sys schema, might be helpful.

Faizan